Celtic Transfer Window Summer 2021

Even games he scores in I think meh.

Heā€™s just a very frustrating player, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve watched a game where you are thinking just give him the ball to make things happen - thatā€™s the type of player we need and thatā€™s the type I donā€™t think he really is.

When Forrest was on his game, thatā€™s the type of player he is. Roberts too, Johnston too when fit. Elyounoussi is good for a goal but he doesnā€™t seem functional.

2 Likes

The craziest season ever

2 Likes

Fishal nowā€¦

Fee not confirmed from what Iā€™ve seen

Weā€™ll have huge turnover but wouldnā€™t want to hold onto him unless we had no other option. Getting back most or all of what we paid is a reasonable recovery.

There is a player there but not suitable for the style of play Celtic will play in 95% of domestic matches. Hence why we are actually getting decent money for him and not an absolute dud ala Balde/ Bangura. Best of luck to him, not his fault

2 Likes

Has Hammond left yet? Whoā€™d be making this offer?

God knows.

Probably BS but we were doing deals for Shaw and tried for Davies with a few for the road.

1 Like

Few more names mentioned:

Canā€™t see that one happening if you have a load of EPL clubs in for him you are probably looking at a fee >Ā£10m and Celtic wonā€™t be paying that for a 27 year old. He seems to have a really good pedigree though.

Seems more like the type of move weā€™d be lining up. Looks to have a decent enough pedigree and centre back is probably the priority this summer.

Jordan Larsson coming?

Seems to have done very well in Russia.

The negligence here is astounding, anyway get him to fuck in the Summer

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-could-lose-ryan-christie-23977806

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t let Lawwell run a bath.

1 Like

On 8k a week at Celtic. No wonder he wants to leave.

James McCarthy on a free transfer is being strongly reported now.

I see it as relatively low risk if itā€™s a 2 year deal on around 20k a week. Iā€™ve always rated him, only concerns would be his fitness.

I think itā€™s a bit risky given that injury history. Maybe with some incentives based on number of appearances it might be more palatable.

Would you play him holding or further forward? I think heā€™s better holding now. That keeps Soro out of the team. Iā€™m not convinced by Soro with the ball but his defensive work seems very good, albeit from a smallish sample size.

Def holding. Himself and Soro give us good cover there, Shaw potentially too. Having two holding players may also help in Europe.

For a 2m outlay over 2 years I think McCarthy is certainly a risk worth taking.

I like him but wouldnā€™t be paying him that. Scottish football could resurrect those injuriesā€¦

1 Like

Declan Gallagher signing for Aberdeen is a big relief

2 Likes

Aberdeen could go well next year.