Celtic Transfer Windows 2022 & 2023

I think he was just guessing with that. I have no doubt Southampton could be interested but doubt Celtic sell this soon unless itā€™s a crazy bid.

Iā€™m wondering what Forrest will be like when he comes back. Heā€™s missed an awful lot of football now. Hopefully itā€™s an extended break to get him right but this is a worrying extended absence.

Dembele gone for surgery too after that pre season tackle. Heā€™ll probably leave next summer after missing most of this season.

Ya Iā€™d have big doubts over Forrest - age, injuries and form have been off for the past 2/3 years.

Forest and McCarthy were training this week but not fit enough to be involved on Tuesday.

Jullien is back in training too but will take longer to be ready for first team involvement.

We need to keep the pressure on and string a load of domestic wins together. If weā€™re no more than a game and a half behind the huns at the turn of the year (thatā€™s 4 points in old money) then Iā€™d still be confident of us kicking on and storming the league in the second half of the season. Hopefully weā€™ll be in front by then in any event.

Celtic Celtic Celtic

Yeah, donā€™t think we can afford any dropped points now until we place them. We need have steamroller momentum from here until March and if we do we should be in a good place.

Hopefully we get a break in injuries and unavailabilities.

Ange with a Johnny Tightlips interview on Maeda.

On looking at a video of this chap, he seems to be a right back despite all reports saying heā€™s a left back.

Certainly right footed anyway. Hardly what we need now.

I think heā€™s a central midfielder who has been playing left back because of injuries.

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s more encouraging so. We could do with the sort of dynamism and energy he seems to possess in the middle of the pitch. On a free at the end of January, surely worth a punt?

Looks like Soro will be for the door in the next window. Iā€™d favour a loan move as I think heā€™s a decent player, just not suited to Ange and we could get a better fee for him after a loan deal.

1 Like

Guys, would you take Jamie McGrath?

Heā€™s a potential fairly low risk option for us, has done well for Ireland and St Mirren anytime Iā€™ve seen him and is probably a better squad option that some of the players mentioned. Think he would be reasonably suited to the type of football Ange plays too.

Bit of a no brainer when available for a pittance in January or else a pre contract. Of course shouldnā€™t be relying on these players but when a good option is available need to take them. Iā€™m in

The way I look at it is heā€™s a better option under Ange than the likes of McCarthy and Soro and if it doesnā€™t work out we can probably flog him to the Championship for a profit. He might actually prove himself here too, who knows.

1 Like

At this point, Iā€™d be keen on a one in one out policy. Iā€™m not sure adding squad players to an already bloated squad number wise is the way forward.

Of course, I think the following players are gone in January either on loans or permanent deals:

Ajeti
Bolingoli
Shaw
Urhoghide
Soro
Barkas

1 Like

Jamie McGrath is a class act and he delivers a superb corner and freekick. Get him signed.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/eddie-howe-celtic-intertwine-again-25442976

Seems to be a Shaw type signing though.

Weā€™ve also been linked with Jordan Larsson of late, canā€™t see anything in it - lazy journalism linking us because of his father. Probably well out of price bracket as well as he seems to be doing well in Russia.

We were linked with some Korean forward a week or so back too.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/marco-bizot-wanted-celtic-transfer-25459128

Could do with a viable alternative to Hart. Barkas is clearly for the off and Bain isnā€™t a reliable backup.

Linked with Aaron Mooy in January

1 Like