Celtic Transfer Windows 2022 & 2023

Genuinely, Iā€™d be dellighted, but very surprised if heā€™s anywhere near whatā€™s needed. Is there some tax advantage to the clubs or their owners doing this?

1 Like

29 goals from midfield from 71 games is not be sniffed at. Havenā€™t seen much of him bar a YouTube video but he seems to be a Turnbull type player from what Iā€™ve seen. Plays ahead of the central midfielders, good shot on him and can pick a pass. Might be a bit slight but he can work on that but he does seem a lot more mobile than Turnbull and Iā€™m sure his fitness and conditioning would improve under Ange.

I think itā€™d be a shrewd buy, looks like he has plenty of potential. Iā€™d get him in now and depending on who else we get in January, Iā€™d consider loaning him out to the likes of Hibs/Motherwell/Dundee Utd for the remainder of the season. I take we more so need a deeper midfielder who can take some of the pressure off McGregor but I think heā€™d be a good buy and could even play a role in the second half of the season if he settles well. Presume the fee would be similar to what we paid for Scales so fairly low risk.

I remain to be convinced by scales tbh.
We seem to have a good few promising Irish lads playing for other teams or floundering in the reserves to the benefit of nobody really.
Seems to be a bit of a scattergun approach.
We should be looking at lads ago are at worst championship level, preferably EPL level.

I donā€™t think the three Irish lads we signed (Oā€™Connor, Afolabi, Connell) are anywhere near good enough. They all seem to be doing fairly average at very low levels of football at the minute, would imagine theyā€™ll move on shortly enough.

Scales could probably do with football, unlikley to break in this season so a loan to an SPL or League One/Championship club where he will get games is probably for the best. I see him more as a centre half. Perhaps trying to get Doig off Hibs and sending Scales there on a loan deal might be a shrewd move.

Lawal seems to be highly rated thought I thought he was a midfielder but seems to be playing centre half for the Colts.

I know he has a loose screw, but jack Byrnes is far more talented than DM.
Him and Glasgow would be like balotelli and a box of rockets mind.

2 Likes

Anthony Stokes mkII

Stokes could have been some player if he had his napper right.

1 Like

Byrnes looks more talented to me, but Iā€™m far from an expert in anything sporting.

Donā€™t think stokes had the required pace to be really top notch ā€¦great skill though

He was slow but when he was on his game he was a terrific striker, would have been better in a different era as he needed a strike partner to link up with. Wasnā€™t really the hold it up, get in behind type of player you need to be for a lone striker.

1 Like

Apparently this young fellow has started following Celtic on Insta.

I would be quite dubious about this one himself and his highlights reel wouldnā€™t blow you away and his current club want rid. Probably his agent trying to drum up interest?

If itā€™s 33 million, it ainā€™t happening I hope.

ā‚¬33m is his release clause but apparently heā€™s available for Ā£3.6m.

Just read that. If ange wants him, charrrrge.

1 Like

:pray:

2 Likes

I believe this chap has a history or bullshit.

Donā€™t know if you saw the Ange interview during the week but wouldnā€™t be expecting anything in the short term based on that.

Basically said, if we want him to stay and he wants to stay then thatā€™s what will happen but thereā€™s no rush on it.

2 Likes

Ange does his business in private. Itā€™s a great quality.

Jota is some fucking talent tbf. Announce 5 year deal.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see us try for this chap.

2 Likes