Celtic Transfers Summer 2014

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 997427, member: 1”]We are also linked with Samaras and Del Piero.

Tonev was a target last summer of course, so he has been pursued before. No problem in us going after him if he’s just one of a few additions.

Griffiths linked with a loan to Hibs which I’d be happy with.[/QUOTE]

:eek::smiley:

Samaras rumoured to be on the verge of re-signing.

Tonev has signed anyway on a 1 year deal with an option to buy.

Low risk acquisition. Has 15 caps for Bulgaria, was their young player of the year before and seemed fairly highly rated in Poland so hope he can rediscover some form at Celtic. And at 24 he should have his best years ahead of him.

Talk also of an unnamed Manchester City player.

The deadline for registering players for next round of CL is tonight I think. But there’s still one wildcard spot open.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 998724, member: 1”]Talk also of an unnamed Manchester City player.

The deadline for registering players for next round of CL is tonight I think. But there’s still one wildcard spot open.[/QUOTE]

Mathias Bossaerts is the Manchester City defender.

Samaras is at Celtic Park!!!

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 998728, member: 9”]Mathias Bossaerts is the Manchester City defender.

Samaras is at Celtic Park!!![/QUOTE]

Well, either Bossaerts or Jason Denayer. Both are Belgian centre backs.

It’s Denayer. Never heard of the guy but it’s a very silly deal if we have no option to buy as we’ll just be developing a player who we will lose for nothing and who probably won’t contribute an awful lot at this stage of his career.

So that’s four guys in, possibly 5 with Sammy and not a penny spent. Utterly depressing.

Also saw Dan Petrescu said he was offered the job and turned it down after Lennon told him something was not right at Celtic.

Lennon is some fucking cunt, if he has a problem he should come out and saw it publicly - the self serving rat.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 998959, member: 2533”]It’s Denayer. Never heard of the guy but it’s a very silly deal if we have no option to buy as we’ll just be developing a player who we will lose for nothing and who probably won’t contribute an awful lot at this stage of his career.

So that’s four guys in, possibly 5 with Sammy and not a penny spent. Utterly depressing.[/QUOTE]

Celtic have officially confirmed the signing of Denayer on a season long loan. Agree with you on the relatively pointless nature of loans without an option to buy. At least we have an option with Tonev but Ronny was actually quoted last month saying he thought loans without options were pointless as they only served to develop players for other clubs and blocked the progress of our own players.

It probably doesn’t say much for how Ronny rates the young centre backs at Celtic like O’Connell and Fraser.

It’s also rumoured that Peter Lawwell’s son works at Manchester City. The fact we’re signing Denayer, Tonev (who we tried to get last year) and signed Craig Gordon before Ronny took over suggests the manager isn’t picking the players.

I don’t necessarily have a problem with that model but he should be consulted at least. And Lawwell is more of a financial man than a Director of Football with a pedigree/eye for talent. Would be concerned if he was making all recruitment decisions unilaterally.

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 998991, member: 9”]Celtic have officially confirmed the signing of Denayer on a season long loan. Agree with you on the relatively pointless nature of loans without an option to buy. At least we have an option with Tonev but Ronny was actually quoted last month saying he thought loans without options were pointless as they only served to develop players for other clubs and blocked the progress of our own players.

It probably doesn’t say much for how Ronny rates the young centre backs at Celtic like O’Connell and Fraser.

It’s also rumoured that Peter Lawwell’s son works at Manchester City. The fact we’re signing Denayer, Tonev (who we tried to get last year) and signed Craig Gordon before Ronny took over suggests the manager isn’t picking the players.

I don’t necessarily have a problem with that model but he should be consulted at least. And Lawwell is more of a financial man than a Director of Football with a pedigree/eye for talent. Would be concerned if he was making all recruitment decisions unilaterally.[/QUOTE]

Lawwell is worse than Hitler.

Is John Park still at Celtic?

Al Habsi and Luke Steele in line to replace Forster. We should just fold as a club to be honest.

Looking fairly moribund.

Mubarak Wakaso is linked with Celtic. Plays with Rubin Kazan and Ghana. Not heard of him before.

Yep. I think he’s making most of the decisions, not Lawwell. He’s effectively our Director of Football.

Never heard of him either but he seems promising enough based on his international goals record, the fact he moved to Rubin Kazan for over £5m and the fact his agent isn’t Dudu Dahan.

We effectively have Forrest, Boerrigter, Commons, McGregor, Tonev, Berget fighting it out for 3 spots so I don’t see us moving for another wide player/attacking midfielder unless we move someone, added to the fact Sammy could be returning.

Cameron Jerome heavily linked yesterday. Hopefully nothing comes of that.

Remo Freuler, a Swiss midfielder with Luzern is being linked this morning. He seems highly regarded.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 1001470, member: 1”]Cameron Jerome heavily linked yesterday. Hopefully nothing comes of that.

Remo Freuler, a Swiss midfielder with Luzern is being linked this morning. He seems highly regarded.[/QUOTE]

Jerome? o_O

Right now I would be happy if we brought in:

a central midfielder
a striker
a centre back
a left back

Ship out Kayal, Balde, McGeouch and Griffiths.

What’s the story with Liam Henderson, injured or just behind the likes of Mulgrew, Johansen, Kayal and Bitton in the pecking order. Think he would be suited to Ronny’s high pressing game and seems to be a bit more astute in his pressing than Kayal.