Celtic v Dundee United

Sammy should have buried that header but at least we created something. Ledley and Brown have been anonymous in the second half and Ki not much better since introduced.

Brown is looking tired out there I think - they’ve run off him a couple of times now.

Interesting call with Commons for Izzy.

Samaras has completely switched off. Not fighting for any second ball.

Very impressed with Hooper’s workrate in the second half.

Some pass from Hooper there.

3 points. :clap:

Not the best second half performance ever but only the one real chance for them at 2-1 which was the header Forster saved. We seemed to lose the midfield battle a bit and stood off them too much which meant we weren’t competitive enough for breaking balls. Wanyama still picked up a lot of loose balls because of his strength but we seemed to be giving them too much space.

Thought the two centre backs defended really well though and Hooper was excellent up front. Stokes and Matthews were a bit hit and miss but overall we were very much the better team.

Main thing was another win anyway and 11 in a row is excellent going.

Good win in the end though it was more difficult than it should have been. I thought we dropped off them too much in the second half but the header from Daly was the only clear chance they created other than the goal. That was a very good save from Forster and we should have had a third goal ourselves from Sammy’s header.

Hooper was my MOTM - thought his goal, workrate throughout and clever link up play was excellent. Wanyama faded somewhat after a brilliant first half. Rogne and Mulgrew defended very stoutly but it wasn’t one of Matthews’ better displays. Izzy looks a bit rusty too, as you’d expect. Ledley and Brown have had better games too. Sammy was good overall but a few sloppy moments and should have buried that diving header.

Forrest with his sheer pace and trickery gives us something extra so we need him back. Nice to see Commons back in the fold and he did well when he came on.

Match highlights courtesy of bonfigli on the huddleboard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck4T0u2pYaY&

Their goal at 4:40. Very nicely struck but I think Forster should be getting down quicker to get a hand on it. Neil mentioned afterwards that Matthews has had a virus so that’s an excuse for his under par display. Very noticeable on the highlights how often Brown came inside when going at their left back. That game would have been made for Forrest.