Celtic v Huns, Saturday 12.30 pm, Sky Sports

Sterling has been immense for rangers

Turnbull :roll_eyes:

That’s a two-handed push, plain enough, whatever about the debatable offside

Scales had a right good game there I thought.

1 Like

Maeda makes that whole team tick.

2 Likes

That was a hairy last 10 mins. Dominated for 88 mins, should have been more ahead. Big Nawrocki and Scales did well in the 2nd half.

1 Like

He did fine but there didn’t seem to be much communication between himself and Nawrocki, he wouldn’t strike you as being the one to take charge at the back

Thought he was very composed on the ball & passed it about well.

Scrappy stuff, but a win is a win .Alastair johnson’s end ball is horrendous, another player would have set up about 3 goals in second half.nawrocki was rusty but really grew into it, think he’s way more ability than scales .
Sterling was very good for rangers in second half .
League is far from over .

1 Like

What a terrific advertisement for Irish-Scots football. Thought it was a fantastic contest. Two outstanding strikes to win it & a much more controlled second half display to forge two goals ahead. Got a bit dodgy for a few minutes after they scored but a well deserved victory overall. Plenty of improvements still to make & we could do with getting CCV & Hatate back, along with a couple of astute signings. Brendan Rodgers has a superb record against the huns.

https://x.com/m_brosnan/status/1741074399728427297?s=61&t=ywRfELeDxVX6PcFItqXOXw

Sounded like a terrific advertisement for the League of Scotland. Why have these Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies got moved from their traditional century long post Hogmanay slots back into December? This strikes me as much as an affront to tradition as what the GAA split season zealots have inflicted on us all in moving All Ireland finals outside of the month of September.

Why is Clemente calling out Scottish FA for allowing Celtic play at home with no away fans ? Was it not rangers who introduced this originally ?

3 Likes

Seems like there was an offside in the build up?

2 Likes

It seemed like they found that fig-leaf after getting slated

I thought it was poor enough standard over all. Celtics passing was very sloppy at times and it was rangers greatest chance to get back into it. 3 cracking goals rattled in. If rangers front players were still out there they wouldn’t score. Where did they pull that Dessers from? He was very poor.

Thought that was a very good performance today. Despite it being close at the end I thought we had lots of good individual performances. Even Hart, who was probably poor for the goal, had a couple of good saves in the first half.

Was happy with Scales and Nawrocki. They had never played together before I assume so they did well. Scales was very good throughout I thought.

McGregor bossed the midfield and Bernardo and O’Riley were both very good. That’s an encouraging couple of displays now from Bernardo. We suffered a bit when Turnbull came on who got into good positions but just doesn’t control a game the way he needs to.

Maeda still struggling for touch since he’s come back. He put in a good shift as you’d expect but he’s a good bit off the level he can get to. Not everything came off for Palma but he kept Tavernier in check by attacking him a lot and he looked very dangerous in the first half in particular.

Some strike from Kyogo for the second goal. A wonderful player.

Thought we did well tactically too. They had a few chances on the break in the first half and then a spell at the end of both halves but otherwise we seemed to dominate. I thought we pressed them well from the front and we played through them a lot easier like we did for the second goal. Mainly from our midfield making angles and dare I say almost Ange-like rotations from Bernardo and O’Riley which they really struggled with.

Always good to smash the huns.

2 Likes

Incorrect. It was offside

Maeda going off changed the tide in that game. He’d be a good signing for yanited

Yeah Sima was a good bit offside in the build up.

McGregor delivered a Tour d’Alba today, his best display in a long, long time.

Our pressing resulted in the Balogun red card & it was fairly good throughout. Our own build up against their press was a little disappointing in the first half. We sorted that out in the second half and were quite good, I felt. Scales was very solid as the game went on, though he was guilty of a couple of sloppy first half passes. Nawrocki was promising but looked slow on the turn once or twice, but that could be a match sharpness thing.

Probably no need to keep piling forward at 2-0, even though they were down to 10. We could have just worked the ball around & picked our moments while keeping a solid shape but there were a few occasions when we lost the ball with loads of players committed to attack & it allowed them to break into our half & win a few freekicks in dangerous areas. Hart’s save from McCausland in the first half was excellent, those ones that go through a defender’s leg when he goes to make a block are difficult - I say that as a multiple social standard astro 6-a-side league winning keeper. But I thought he should have done better for their goal, think he was spooked by possibly colliding with the post. A good strike by Tavernier in fairness to mark his 21st defeat against Celtic.

The huns seem to be having a meltdown about the result & the Johnston non-penalty call & other incidents they think went against them. It’s exactly how VAR should operate, the only surprise is it was used properly. First time Clement has been properly rattled too, he spent most of the game in the fourth official’s ear. Rodgers had some good post match quotes about blocking out crisis talk & chat about Rangers coming for them. He said five or six Rangers managers have been coming for me at this stage. I still think Celtic have issues to resolve in attack & defence. Specifically breaking down massed defences & getting Kyogo into the game in those matches & then being tougher & stronger defending high balls & set pieces that are bread & butter tactics from most clogger jocko sides. St Mirren will test those two exact areas in the game before the winter break.

2 Likes