Celtic v Huns, Saturday 12.30 pm, Sky Sports

ā€œOver my two spells here Iā€™ve worked against five Rangers managers. Every time, Rangers were coming. Every time, at some point. So for me itā€™s normal. If I listened to the media and press we would be in constant crisis mode and constant fear of Rangers. Itā€™s the fifth manager now.ā€

2 Likes

Editorā€™s Note: itā€™s actually his sixth hun manager.

1 Like

Completely ignoring the Celtic penalty shout in the second half. May have been offside, but if not, it was a stonewall.
Iā€™m disappointed Iā€™ve been barred from.all the hun forums now.

2 Likes

Thought Welsh was solid when he was on but heā€™s not good on the ball we were better working it out when he went off. A few times in the first half our wingers went too far ahead of the full back. Palma wasnā€™t giving much of an option to Scales or Taylor but that meant Tavernier was pushed back marking him the whole time.

Agreed on us being a bit too open when they went down to 10. Thought Turnbull and Mikey were the two chief culprits for that. Turnbull kept going ahead of the ball but it wasnā€™t really the game for that. We were already bossing them without him going too far forward.

And agreed on McGregor. He was outstanding.

1 Like

Actually thought Taylor came onto a game too & was good in the second half. He berated Mikey late on for not tracking back with Tavernier. Tavernier is obviously far stronger on the front foot & is quite a poor defender but he was always going to pile forward late on when they had nothing to lose. Mikeyā€™s not going to offer much going back the way, he just doesnā€™t have it in his game. I also think Palma was fairly good & he was very effective in the second half before he was taken off.

I like Taylor. Probably more than most. He can stand off a bit defensively sometimes but heā€™s probably been as good as Johnston this season. And he was probably the senior player in that back four today. We definitely need another option there though. Heā€™s not that good that he should be playing virtually evert minute of every game.

Wasnā€™t sure about bringing Mikey on. I get the fresh legs and he did well to play Turnbull in once but heā€™s not disciplined in match awareness. I guess Palma isnā€™t great at that either but heā€™s better at just holding onto the ball anyway.

1 Like

The huns are writing to the SFA again. :joy:

2 Likes

I think youā€™re underestimating the hold Sterling got on the midfield. Mcgregor rang rings around Cantwell but whatever licence Sterling got off Clemente after the sending off he nullified McGregor as an attacking force which is why Celtic created fcuk all against 10 and why the only attacking outlet was Johnson down the right who was putrid with his final ball.

In fairness the Turk had a good battle with him , was a lot more solid than Barisic . Bit by bit the Huns are learning .

I definitely missed Sterling getting a hold of midfield in my watching of the game anyway. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Hun tv commentary for the Celtic goals has landed:

https://twitter.com/celticgoalsreal/status/1741081814494539788?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

https://twitter.com/celticgoalsreal/status/1741092658037068010?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

1 Like

Their request seems to be that VAR should have given an incorrect decision instead of a correct decision and theyā€™d like to understand why the correct decision was given when there was ample opportunity to give an incorrect decision.

4 Likes

I think if you read any neutral review of match heā€™ll be identified as one of Rangers best performers . Iā€™d be worried that due to injuries the Huns have stumbled across his best position in centre mid .

I didnā€™t think he had any influence on the game. Iā€™d like to watch it back but didnā€™t think he made any impression on me on first viewing.

I think he put his foot in & broke up the play a few times, maybe ran onto breaking ball on other occasions. Has physical attributes alright but not much in the way of footballing ability. I wouldnā€™t have said he wrestled control of the game from McGregor in any way, shape or form though. If I was writing to the SFA, Iā€™d argue he was lucky not to be sent off when he went over the ball on Taylor late on when already on a yellow.

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1741828653476921587?t=8J21STVNbuMZzBeZ64738w&s=19

2 Likes

Maurice Brosnanā€™s article on his trip to the derby with Naomh Padraig CSC. An enjoyable read for those of a Celtic persuasion & perhaps others also.

5 Likes

Can someone do the needful please?

https://archive.ph/X0e6f