Celtic v Rangers - Betfred Cup Final 2019 🍀

Edouard is seemingly not involved today. Not yet fit to start.

:cry::ireland:

It’s not great news if true. I’m choosing to believe it’s true based on a few factors. Hoping we have Elyonoussi, Johnston, Christie, Forrest and Griffiths all available. I assume Morgan would start in the scenario that Edouard is injured but would be good to have Elyounoussi available to play up there too so we can have a few options if that’s not working.

I wonder if Lennon’s mindful of his first derby back in the job last March when he played a couple of lads carrying knocks, they had to be replaced early on and then we finished with ten men after we’d used all the subs and someone else went down (possibly Boyata). We have 4 lads who have been injured for between 2 and 6/7 weeks who only returned to training during the week so I think he’ll be wary of risking too many of Hayes, Bolingoli, Elyounoussi and Edouard. I’d say Boli is definitely out as he’s been out since before Lazio away. There’s also the potential for this to go to extra time. Edouard being out would be a blow as they’re petrified of him and he’s a big game player.

1 Like

What time is kick off?

3pm.

1 Like

Oh dear.

I would appreciate a green hat with ‘rnli = uvf’ Trim

2 Likes

Any berets on offer?

It’s absolutely pissing rain in Glasgow apparently. Slide tackle potential. I’d love to be there, but I haven’t been to a game in Hampden since John Delaney went on gardening leave coincidentally enough.

3 Likes

This competition has lost its appeal to me since dropping Skol as the sponsor

Yeah that’s fair. Even in August we ended up with Johnston and Bitton getting injured and we had to rejig more than we would have liked.

It will be a messy pitch I’d imagine and probably not a day for the likes of Bolingoli to try and regain his fitness.

Ok guys looks like we’ll have Edouard. This is the team I’m hearing. Would have gone with Frimpong but no real complaints. Bauer is fairly quick himself anyway so it’s not the same attacking threat but it’s not a completely different defensive option.

Forster

Bauer
Julien
Ajer
Hayes

Brown
McGregor

Forrest
Christie
Elyounoussi

Edouard

Hmmm. My strong preference would have been for Frimpong to start.

Who will rangers detail to kick the legs off eduoard @Rocko?

Is this the first time Sevco have been called Rangers by a Celtic fan on TFK since they died?

Sutton claimed Hugh Dallas was the toughest opponent he faced in Scotland! :joy:

3 Likes

No obvious candidate to be honest. Their dirtiest player is their goalkeeper but they’re all capable of losing the head

1 Like

Is it team announcements 1 hour before kick off as opposed to 90 minutes beforehand for European games? I might chance a shower.

Who’s the referee today btw way?