Celtic v Rangers - Betfred Cup Final 2019 šŸ€

Collum

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Eddie on the bench

Strong bench with Rogic, Edouard, Johnston and Ntcham.

Interesting that Griffiths doesnā€™t make the squad.

Your rumoured teams have been a disgrace all morning.

Huns are

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic
Jack Karnara
Arfield Aribo Kent
Morelos

Davis is injured.

No Bauer in the 18 either so Bitton and Bolingoli as defensive cover.

Hopefully Elyounoussi is match fit - Iā€™m glad Christie is back in the centre as I feel heā€™s more influential from that position.

2 Likes

Lads will this be competitive?

Yeah not sure how that front line will play with everyone in their natural position apart from Morgan. Might free up Christie more to get forward or it might be that he ends up playing too far forward and we lose our natural defensive shape and the pressing be does around their defensive midfield.

Bauer would seem a more natural cover than Bolingoli but I guess Hayes isnā€™t 100% so itā€™s more sensible to have more left sided cover especially with Bitton and Ajer somewhat capable of filling in at right back. And hopefully we are making sure McGregor never has to cover left back again.

I think so. Celtic and Rangers are fine sides these days and both teams are motoring well in the Europa League. Just look at Lazio destroying Juventus last night - Celtic beat the Romans home and away. Morelosā€™ two goals against Feyenoord were outstanding.

1 Like

Iā€™m delighted to see Frimpong playing. Heā€™s earned it. And I think it would have been a mistake not to back him in this game.

I wouldnā€™t have been averse to starting The Wizard, he has pedigree in these games

He does but we need Christie central without Edouard. Christie up front with Rogic behind might work but weā€™re better starting with the system weā€™ve been using with Morgan. Itā€™s not ideal but at least weā€™ve been using it recently, albeit out of necessity.

I think leaving him out would have been a bit of a fearful move, almost giving a nod to the threat of Ryan Kent and saying we need an experienced and traditional right back. I think we should tell Frimpong to bomb on as usual. Let them decide then whether they want Kent to chase back, or instead assign one of their three centre midfielders to drift wide to track Frimpong. If they leave Kent upfield then weā€™ll need to be mindful of them breaking if Frimpongā€™s caught forward. The likes of Brown will need to fill in for him.

1 Like

Throw up a link if you have one

Morgan was kinda thrown in upfront 10 days ago against Rennes due to unavailability of others and because we were already through. Heā€™s had 3 decent games in that period but hopefully heā€™s ready for a final like today. His workrate and movement has been good. Iā€™d say heā€™s being pencilled in to give us 65-70 minutes before Edouard comes in.

1 Like

Yeah agreed. If we thought 2 weeks ago that Morgan would start up front today it would have seemed a disaster. Itā€™s not a disaster but it is a big obstacle. Once Edouard couldnā€™t start then I donā€™t think we had many options and we have at least had a chance to try this one.

1 Like

I hope they will press us high with no Edouard because we canā€™t play direct football and then they get caught out with our pace on the break.

It really doesnā€™t say much for the chances of Griffiths ever getting back regularly if he isnā€™t ready for games at this stage.

Come on bhoys!!!

Iā€™ll take a green hat so.