Celtic v Rangers - Sun 3 Jan

What team selection would you go for, bhoys?

Do we need Robson in there to flail his elbows, get his revenge tackles in before he’s even been fouled himself and just to generally hack those cunts like they will us?

Or is it a game for McGinn or Zhi?

Caldwell should come back in for McManus and I think McDonald and Samaras will hold off Fortun.

I can’t help thinking they’ll score given how poor Celtic are at the back.

who cares??
the SPL is shit:thumbsup:

[quote=“noddy”]who cares??
the SPL is shit:thumbsup:[/quote]

I imagine Celtic and Rangers supporters do, noddy. :rolleyes:

I believe Sunday may actually be the 3rd rather than the 4th.

Is it a mid day kick off or what’s the craic?
Good reason for a possible day on the sauce as I’m not back to work til the 11th.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Is it a mid day kick off or what’s the craic?
Good reason for a possible day on the sauce as I’m not back to work til the 11th.[/quote]

It’s a 12.30pm kick-off. I’m in work on the Monday so might head back to Dublin on Saturday as I don’t want to be travelling up on Sunday night after a feed of beer.

[quote=“Bandage”]What team selection would you go for, bhoys?

Do we need Robson in there to flail his elbows, get his revenge tackles in before he’s even been fouled himself and just to generally hack those cunts like they will us?

Or is it a game for McGinn or Zhi?

Caldwell should come back in for McManus and I think McDonald and Samaras will hold off Fortun.

I can’t help thinking they’ll score given how poor Celtic are at the back.[/quote]

I think the team will be:

Boruc___

Hinkel_Caldwell_Loovens_Fox

McGeady_Crosas_N’Guemo_Robson

_Samaras_McDonald

Don’t really rate Robson as a winger and I’d far rather see Zhi start but I think that’s highly unlikely. Not sure about McGinn, I don’t think he’s good enough - or at least I thought he wasn’t good enough - but he’s put in a couple of decent performances recently.

Agreed on how shaky we are at the back. That’s a really really poor defence we have. A centre half won’t arrive before this game but we badly need one. And presumably we’re going to miss N’Guemo from the middle of the park for a bit too. No harm in going after this French striker lad if he’s decent but we’re awful lacking in other areas.

Was thinking back this morning to the excitement of when Jan VofH and Gravesen signed in the same week a couple of seasons ago. Jan was good but not great and Tommy was poor for Celtic but by God our expectations have been suitably “managed” so that we’re now hoping for any sort of signing to come in and plug holes for us.

Yeah, that’s a fair point. Plenty of posters on Celtic fora are excited by the possible arrival of this centre back from Belarus despite him being a relative unknown. One comment which was pretty apt was that it was the type of signing Hearts had been making a couple of years ago. Expectations have been really dampened to an alarming degree.

[quote=“Rocko”]I think the team will be:

Boruc___

Hinkel_Caldwell_Loovens_Fox

McGeady_Crosas_N’Guemo_Robson

_Samaras_McDonald

Don’t really rate Robson as a winger and I’d far rather see Zhi start but I think that’s highly unlikely. Not sure about McGinn, I don’t think he’s good enough - or at least I thought he wasn’t good enough - but he’s put in a couple of decent performances recently.

Agreed on how shaky we are at the back. That’s a really really poor defence we have. A centre half won’t arrive before this game but we badly need one. And presumably we’re going to miss N’Guemo from the middle of the park for a bit too. No harm in going after this French striker lad if he’s decent but we’re awful lacking in other areas.

Was thinking back this morning to the excitement of when Jan VofH and Gravesen signed in the same week a couple of seasons ago. Jan was good but not great and Tommy was poor for Celtic but by God our expectations have been suitably “managed” so that we’re now hoping for any sort of signing to come in and plug holes for us.[/quote]

I think he might go with McGinn. Think you may have been harsh on him rock. He has had a couple of very good games recently and some of the things he was doing like going by players using skill, shooting and crossing showed he has good technical ability. He might not be same class as someone like McGeady obviously but he looks a step up from the Ross Wallaces and Jamie Smyths of this world.
Don’t understand your point on N’Guemo.

Our level of ambition is just terribly poor.

I think he was referring to N’Guemo departing for the African Cup of Nations after Sunday’s game.

Oh right. Too much for him to stick within narrow paramaters of this thread I suppose. Thanks for clearing it up Bandage.

Apologies for rambling off topic Larry.

Yeah I accept that McGinn has been playing better - I think he was almost exclusively relying on his pace when he first started getting games in the first team and ended up as some sort of Alan O’Brien clone, though not as quick. He’s toned it down a bit now though and while he’s still sprinting well with the ball he looks more dangerous and purposeful now.

McDonald, McManus and Robson all linked to Middlesboro this morning for a combined 6m.

:eek:

Caldwell is linked with them too.

Hope McDonald stays, indifferent about Robson but he’d need replacing. He’s not getting any younger though. McManus, well I’d gladly see the back of him. Just nowhere near good enough. Not even close to being good enough.

McDonald’s infuriating at times but he’s a more reliable goalscorer than any other striker currently at the club so I wouldn’t sell him mid-season. I wouldn’t have any issue with Robson leaving and I’d welcome McManus going, and the sooner the better.

Eh getting a small bit nervous about Sunday now with the huns putting 7 past Dundee United. We could be in a bit of trouble at the back.

Great to see that old warhorse Kenny Miller doing well. I fancy him to knock in a couple.

Miller got sent off. Will he miss Sunday?

Miller reportedly hit a lad an unprovoked punch when they were three up. He’s out for Sunday now. Boyd broke Larsson’s all time SPL scoring record tonight. We’re going into Sunday 7 points behind now, which isn’t ideal really. Would have liked to have played ourselves tonight.

Boyd copying Larsson’s tongue out celebration when he broke the record tonight.

http://www.snspix.com/image/1904125_1904125.jpg

To paraphrase Chris Sutton, these cunts really need to be put in their place on Sunday.

has to be a win or there could be trouble. huns scoring goals alright, but scoring them against Dundee and scoring them against celtic is a different matter.

THat defence is terrible though