Celtic vs Huns - Skol Cup Final

They can call and class themselves whatever they want bandage…I don’t particularly care but in my eyes they are scottish…

You seem to be seething too. Soak it up and enjoy it, I believe you’re based abroad judging by some of your other posts. You’re more like Celtic than you realise - you’re part of the universal Irish that Celtic represents. This win’s as much for you as anyone, KIB man. It’s for the Irish, the Scottish, the Scots Irish, the Irish Scots and the Irish diaspora. Now’s not the time to seethe, it’s time for celebration.

We’re all British. That’s all that counts.

Yep, she’s our Queen too whatever way we look at it.

Churchill was some man.

Sound auld skin alright, certainly gave that German chap the run around…

OH YES!

4 June 1940

"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty’s Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.

The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

Churchill was a kunt. He fcuked up the Dardanelles campaign so badly it’s hard to believe he was ever trusted to go to the shop for sweets again, never mind lead a country in wartime.

The sense of envelopment, which might at any moment turn to strangulation, lay heavy upon us. We had only the northwestern approach between Ulster and Scotland through which to bring in the means of life and to send out the forces of war. Owing to the action of Mr. de Valera, so much at variance with the temper and instinct of thousands of southern Irishmen, who hastened to the battlefront to prove their ancient valor, the approaches which the southern Irish ports and airfields could so easily have guarded were closed by the hostile aircraft and U-boats.

This was indeed a deadly moment in our life, and if it had not been for the loyalty and friendship of Northern Ireland we should have been forced to come to close quarters with Mr. de Valera or perish forever from the earth. However, with a restraint and poise to which, I say, history will find few parallels, we never laid a violent hand upon them, which at times would have been quite easy and quite natural, and left the de Valera Government to frolic with the German and later with the Japanese representatives to their heart’s content.

Ratings

There’s a very nasty undercurrent of anti-Irish racism on the board tonight.

I’m seething about it, quite frankly.

Ratings:
Boruc 8 - back to his best, God bless him.
Hinkel 7.5 - solid stuff from the graduate of the Hitler Youth Movement.
Loovens 8 - where the fook did that commanding performance come from? Well done Ernie Els.
McManus 7 - good display from captain crap today, made his usual quota of aimless hoofs all the same.
O’Dea 8 - he started the season beating huns in nightclubs, now he’s doing it on the pitch, in cup finals.
Hartley 6 - toiled away out of position on the right, beard looked greasy.
Brown 8.5 - dominant, energetic, box-to-box, shots on target and bullied the huns.
Caldwell 6.5 - passed it well in the first half, but got caught a few times in the second half, has a really huge head.
Nakamura 7.5 - so don’t go away, say that you’ll stay, forever and a day.
McGeady 8 - greatness.
McDonald 7 - put in a lot of hard yakka, like Alf Stewart doing a double shift in Noah’s Bar before heading down to the bait shop for a few hours and then helping out with a rescue mission from the Surf Club.

Subs:
Samaras 3 - Christ, he’s shit and he’s stupid too.
Wilson 6 - was nice and solid.

Manager:
Strachan - ginger cunt.

[quote=“Bandage”]There’s a very nasty undercurrent of anti-Irish racism on the board tonight.

I’m seething about it, quite frankly.

[/quote]

Fuck off paddy!

You’ll Never Walk Alone after the game today. Fair play to the huns for the quickest ever emptying of their end:

[ame="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2QXGy5IJgc
]YouTube - You’ll Never Walk Alone CIS Final 2009[/ame]

Decent rendition of YNWA, no doubt about it. Quite a sight.

[quote=“Bandage”]You’ll Never Walk Alone after the game today. Fair play to the huns for the quickest ever emptying of their end:

[/quote]

Get ye’re own song.

Mmm im soaking it up alright. :wink:

I would think Glasgow Rangers represent the Irish Scots and Scots Irish more than their cross city rivals. I reckon both sides should join together and collaborate to market their sectarian filth around the world. You know wear similar emblems - check, similar sponsors - check, links to a civil war across the sea - check etc etc Jesus sure change the colours and the blind horders that follow them wouldnt know the difference anyway.

You actually seem a little bit annoyed that a rivalry in a league you profess to have no interest in is bitter and hardcore, KIB man. You get that with certain teams around the globe and thankfully it’s never going to change with Celtic and those cunts. I guess that’s why beating them feels so good. Supporters of teams like Roma, Barca, Boca Juniors and Athletic Bilbao could probably empathise with having such a detestable main rival.

A little drunk so only on here for one post.

Just couldn’t go to bed without commenting on that game today. Went to Scotland but tickets had fallen through so watched it in the pub. Big shout out to Davie and Stevie from Newcastle who provided the soundtrack to my game. Always good to meet fellow hun-haters.

I wasn’t surprised by Aiden McGeady’s display today but it was no less thrilling for that. To echo a point I’ve made on here before it’s an absolute fucking privilege to watch that man play football. He’s gloriously talented and wonderfully hun-hating in his demeanour and he ripped the piss out of those fuckers a fair bit today. Fucking delighted with the goalscorers, if I was asked to pick two before the game that’s who I’d have chosen. Two men who love Celtic, who play their hearts out for the club and who epitomise Irish repbulicanism in the modern era! Proper fucking Fenians.

I’m loving KIB’s bitter seethingness. There is none so deluded as the man with the inferiority complex.

Should that not be “Fack off Paddy!”

I must say I’m disappointed in the attitude displayed towards the Irish diaspora. Tomorrow we celebrate everything that is great about Ireland in the name of a man that came from “a land beyond the waves”. Being Irish is a state of mind as much as an accident of birth. It’s easy enough for those of us lucky enough to be born and raised here to declare ourselves Irish, but for the diaspora it takes a conscious decision and continuous effort to declare oneself to be Irish. Given that it was not always a popular decision with the host countries, it often took great courage to identify themselves as Irish. Therefore, I welcome our sons and grandson of Erin, wherever they may have been born.