Champions League 2012/13 Match Day 3, 23/24 October

Very hard to execute properly. Barca are always at it though

Would love to see Celtic hold on. Itā€™s been a classic away underdog performance. Even looking relatively dangerous on the break commons has done very well since coming on in that regard

Better pressing there.hopefully this wonā€™t be a painful ending

Villa smashes the post.

Heartbreak!!!

Oh dear, that was typical stupid cavalier stuff from Kayal, running around like a headless chicken when he should have been holding his position.

Ah jaysus

Fuck me. Unlucky Celtic

Jeff Stellingā€™s patrnonising tone is irritating.

Thatā€™s a sickener-twas coming though.

Lots of positives to take from the game, I generally felt we kept the ball really well tonight, the possession stats will tell a different story but thatā€™s mainly down to us being content to let Barcelona have the ball than us giving it up easily. Ambrose was imperious tonight and Forster made some terrific saves. Really good overall performance, donā€™t think Hooper should have seen out the ninety, heā€™s not very good when isolated and Miku probably would have been a better option to run the channels and offer a general outlet.

Very proud of the bhoys.

Even two minutes into injury time I always felt Barcelona would still score. But what an effort from Celtic. Vital now that Samarasā€™s injury isnā€™t serious. I fear it could rule him out of the rest of the group however.

Another comeback win for United. They should be through now with a 5 point gap over Cluij

I need somebody to take my head into their bosom and rub their hands through my hair and say something comforting.

Iā€™m gutted.

After seeing the winner again, I am thoroughly seething at Kayal. What the hell is he at? He has no tactical discipline, Izzy had the situation covered and all Kayal had to do was to limit the passing options, instead he goes charging in like a madman creating an option for Montoya, I think it was who was in possession at the time, he passes it off, cross goes in - goal.

Was quite a decent performance for most of the game I thought. If that back four came under any more pressure there was more goals there for Braga though. Badly need some centre-backs fit.

Barcaā€™s winner saved me a tenner.

:rolleyes:

Cruel on Celtic but a magninficent showing tonight proving they can compete with the very best around. Thereā€™s more to come from Celtic in this seasons champions league I am sure of that.

Heartbreaking. Terrific performance, so gutsy and intelligent. Not going to post more now but two points:

1 Ambrose was sensational. That was an immense performance.

2 Canā€™t agree on Kayal blame. He needed to press that first pass to snuff out the cross and did his best to block the second.

I donā€™t believe he need to press at all, he left the crosser to go close down a guy Izzy had pretty much closed off, the ball comes back to the crosser and itā€™s a goal. At stages in games like that you need to be organised and cohesive and what Kayal did was utterly reckless, Izzy had the situation under control and we were fairly well set up positionally, the key to beating Barcelona is to stay focused and keep your shape. You canā€™t afford to lack tactical discipline which is exactly what Kayal was guilty of. I wouldnā€™t mind but he was only on the pitch ten minutes.