Champions League 2012/13 Match Day 3, 23/24 October

:clap:

unlucky celtic
great to see players from the Israeli league doing so well at this level, ill have to watch this game later it im not too tired, herself wont be happy tho

Shaktar Donetsk are the time to take away from tonightā€™s games lads, they were superb in the highlights im watching here

Is Ambrose the lad Mickeeeeeeee dismissed as being pure useless?

as a center half , yes

i didnĀ“t see the full game just highlightsā€¦how did hooper play?..from highlights i thought he looked a bit out of sorts Ć³nce or twiceā€¦ especially when wanyama made a break in second halfā€¦hooper looked like he didnt know where to go

im waiting to get lambasted here over my comment aboveā€¦ :lol:

ok, ill take things seriously or else Rocko will have a coronary trying to dig out threads to pull me up, heā€™s a decent player all right, center half probably really is his natual positon i would think,

Hooper is not suited to playing for a team who are not dominating in my opinion. Heā€™s a good player but quite limited in that if the team does not play to his strengths then he is not effective and his attitude can also be a bit questionable when this is the case.

I donā€™t think Izzy was getting close enough and I thought there was a need for Kayal to press. It was then Izzyā€™s responsibility to switch onto Adriano. This was how it had been operating on our right flank throughout but they had less frequent attacks on our left and Izzy had coped very well by forcing them back and inside every time until then. But I thought he had too much ground to make up that time and Kayal was right to rush out and press.

Anyway it was a minor point and any blame of Kayal is hyperbole really. Ambrose was millimetres from clearing it, Forster was stranded unsure whether Villa or Ambrose would get a touch, Forrest tracked Alba (as he did really well all night to my surprise) but was half a yard behind and couldnā€™t make it up. There were a few contributory factors and I wouldnā€™t single anyone out for blame.

I thought he was quite decent tonight. A couple of touches that didnā€™t come off but he worked hard closing Xavi down in particular until Samaras went off and then played the lone striker role which he did quite well. Heā€™s a goalscorer and obviously would prefer more chances close in but when he had Commons or Brown or Forrest or Samaras near him he linked up quite well. Nobody could do much better when there was (understandably) a 30 yard gap between our striker and midfield.

Some post-match interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJR_sGbPaTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4ryyp59ZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYmatBAcIFs

I only saw a few minutes towards the end of the first half, thought Celtic were excellent, defended very intelligently and were more than willing to attack when the opportunity arose. Full credit to them, heart breaking in the end.

I donā€™t think heā€™s very good when isolated, heā€™s not really able to take the ball in when under pressure and surrounded. There were a couple of occasions tonight where he came short for the ball and tried to lay it off first time and it went all over the shop. Heā€™s a good player linking the play when he has bodies coming in off him or around him, but when we are under the cosh he is not a player who keeps the ball well. I have the same reservations about Commons but I thought he did very well in this regard when introduced, think Miku would have been more suitable to coming on and holding onto possession. Hooper has a habit of treating the ball like a hot potato when under pressure.

This is a great time to be a Celtic supporter. The positive difference between the team now and when Neil took over is significant - fair play to him because thereā€™s been disappointments on that journey too. Itā€™s very satisfying to see how tactically astute and disciplined we are away from home in Europe compared to the games two years ago in Braga and Utrecht. The Europa League campaign last season was very important for the young playersā€™ development and the solid displays in places like Rennes and Udine gave them the belief to take it on to Champions League level. As far as I know, itā€™s only Brown and Samaras who had Champions League experience prior to this season.

I thought Efe Ambrose gave a masterclass tonight. Positioning, awareness, timing and crispness of challenges and general composure - absolutely outstanding. Kelvin Wilson also put in a smashing second half tackle on Messi too. There must be some quality centre halves in the Israeli League if mickeeā€™s never heard of Ambrose though. Forster was particularly excellent also and all the players deserve credit for the superb display off the ball along with the fact that we carried a threat on the break too. Good to see Izzy continuing to be more like himself - he closed down Pedro completely. Brown was very good indeed and itā€™s a shame this longstanding degenerative hip problem is affecting him so much - I fear heā€™ll be forced to retire in the near future because of it. Ledley is top quality - I felt he did a superb job on Messi - and heā€™s the archetypal team player really.

I wouldnā€™t be too harsh on Kayal for the winner but, looking at it again, I agree with Totti in that Izzy had the situation under control and there was no need for Kayal to leave Adriano to charge at the player Izzy was shadowing. That said, he still nearly pressed back out in time to get a block on the cross and then the ball flashed over Ledley, Ambrose, Villa and Lustig in that order - each by a matter of inches - before the cunt poked it in at the back stick. A cruel way to lose.

Neil says Samaras has a 10-14 day injury so he should be available for the home game. We have a very good football team here.

:lol: :lol:
so the first player we can cross-reference with the turgid shit that Mickee goes to watch and heĀ“s badly exposedā€¦i called mickee4by2 out as a bluffer last weekā€¦each day since heĀ“s gone up a gearā€¦ :lol: :lol:

iā€™m not one to go pulling previous posts from other threads upā€¦well actually I am :pint:

Thereā€™s another gem of a quote I must find, but maybe heā€™s deleted it. Thatā€™s it folks, the self appointed authority on Champions League and Israeli football :ireland:

Just googled Efe Ambroseā€™ age, he has only turned 24. Looking at him i thought he was 30+. He must have got his passport in the same place Kanu got his.

[quote=ā€œThe Dunph, post: 718923ā€]He must have got his passport in the same place Kanu got his.
[/quote]

Yes, Nigeria mate.

obefami martins too i betā€¦
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Here it is :lol: :strokechin:

:lol:

:lol: :lol: the 4by2 is getting passed around like currency by his fellow forumitesā€¦everybody breaking off a pieceā€¦ :clap: