Champions League 2018-Round of Two

Guard of honour my hole… Leave that to rubby… Horrible to see, they should be rubbing Liverpool’s nose in it.

One the tempo dropped off they were always going to win it. Liverpool were far more likely to make mistakes in a cagier game, but I would have thought the FBs or Lovren were the more likely culprits. The disappointing thing is that there was no kick in Liverpool after half time. Created a few chances but didn’t stretch them at all.

Oh ok. Oops.

The allegation is there for all to see. Unfortunately I’m not in a situation to let it slide @carryharry.
Wanker.

1 Like

Superb Dunphy.

‘Didi… Ian Rush… they don’t deserve a keeper like Karius…’

1 Like

Chippy just made shit of Didi there

Millner a journeyman, klopp a smash and grab man, 3-1 flattered Liverpool
At least it shut sid up for a while

1 Like

Mission aborted one could say

After they went full term

1 Like

I think Didi was right about the belief evaporating with one player though. It’s not that they should be winning, but they changed so much after Salah went off.

4 Likes

Dunphy’s obsessed with the point that Liverpool should have signed Jordan Pickford.

Yep. He is so influential they didn’t think they could win without him. Happened at Anfield v Roma too. He is a talisman

Think the game was always likely to take that pattern anyway. Liverpool needed to strike early when the there was a high tempo to their game. With or without Salah Madrid were going to clamp down after 20-30 mins.

Agree with that but the difference was crazy goal keeping and a wonder strike

1 Like

Agreed Francis.

Has Dunphy mentioned Henry Shefflin or AP McCoy yet?

1 Like

Was it though? Madrid were completely in control for a good 3/4’s of the game. Should have scored on at least two other occasions.

2 Likes

It’s gas, Pickford is another overrated British keeper in any case

1 Like

Madrid the better team by far, and they should be with the squad they have
but they won due to 2 absolute howlers and a one in million goal that 99 out of 100 wouldn’t come off
had Salah not gone off there no knowing how the match could have panned out
some of real’s top players were anonymous for the most part.
odd game in a way