Champions League 2021/22 - Another Magic night in Madrid from the Kings of Europe

Real Madrid were drawn against Barcelona in the first round in 1960/61. Barcelona ended the 5 year of Real Madrid.

Chelsea with €130 million of striking “talent” on the bench here.

And still they have another putz to miss an open goal.

calcio Juventus winning

There are few things less exciting than a Chelsea Champions League match on RTE

9 Likes

I think the game itself has been a pretty high standard. The mistakes are mainly due to the organisation of the teams and intensity they’re each trying to win the ball back. Some of the quick interchanges and pieces of skill in tight spaces, under pressure have been great. But I was thinking back to the glory days of the RTE coverage earlier compared to Stephen Kelly, Lisa Fallon and Kevin Doyle tonight.

1 Like

Nice to see the Gazprom billboards there

Not since Atleti came to The Bridge in May 2014 and walked all over the cunts.

I watched it with a few Chelsea die hards in college, one of whom had to go out for a fag every 15 minutes such were the stress levels.

I had an Atleti scarf for the occasion which my sister brought me back from the Vincente Calderón after a trip to Madrid around that time. It drove a few lads absolutely demented.

1 Like

Rabiot has somehow got away with the clearest leg breaker type tackle you’d see

1 Like

Lisa Fallon is an excellent analyst.

1 Like

Tis overly technical and FIFA . The average Irish person tuning in want some wind ups

She’s a female Brian Kerr.

In eight years we went from RTE’s Champions League panel being O’Herlihy, Giles, Brady and Dunphy to Peter Collins, Stephanie Roche and Stephen Kelly.

It’s like arriving at the house party of the year at 11am the following morning.

4 Likes

The big one tonight. Come on united !!

Which Portuguese venue will this year’s final be moved to?

There’s a lovely little stadium just off the motorway between Albufeira and Faro airport. I think it would be a great little place for a Champions League final

Edit: Estadio Algarve

2 Likes

It’s good analysis. However there is a complete lack of chemistry/conflict on the panel. All banal PC shite.

Could suit Real Madrid.

With my hand on my heart, I had no idea united were still in this yoke.

Only 30,000 capacity so would only suit if Man City made the final and the other team gets the 30,000 tickets.