Champions League 2021/22 - Another Magic night in Madrid from the Kings of Europe

Liverpool are in the fantastic position of been able to rest players for a champions league semi final. Hot favourites for every trophy now.

They’ll give it to Messi

Anyone taking over that club will be going in to earn money not piss it away like the previous owner. They don’t have the stadium or fan base to remain a big club. They made a profit twice since RA arrived and one of those years was when Hazard was sold. Only way they can make a profit is by selling players.

Messi won’t win it. Next award is announced in October.

Salah and De Bruyne the most likely rivals I think. Will depend on who wins the Champions League as to which one is the main rival.

I suspect Benzema might win it anyway.

At least Newcastle will replace them and drive the cosy cartel to distraction.

You’ve changed your tune

4 Likes

Lewandowski is owed one from last year and isn’t getting any younger but Tbf benzema has been fantastic this year and deserves it so far

Whatever happened cesc fabergas ?

Similar enough career to Rooney. Really good from 16 years old onwards and then declined massively by their early 30s. Compare that to Modric who was 23 by the time he left Croatia and still going strong at 36.

Those kind of players probably tend to be a bit underrated as time goes on as people remember the end moreso.

2 Likes

Thought Reece James was outstanding last night. Top player.

1 Like

Unai Emery is a managerial genius. He’s got a team containing Juan Foyth, Serge Aurier, Giovani Lo Celso and Etienne Capoue to a European Cup semi final. Took care of arch hipster Nagelsmann en route as well.

Imagine Woolwich chased out Emery for Lego Man Arteta.

5 Likes

Mugged Allegri off aswell

He sure is. Unbelievable job. Liverpool will hammer them you would imagine. Too much pace and power.

Great seeing technical players like Marcelo and Modric still doing the business when their legs are gone.

I never thought I’d say it but Real Madrid restored my faith in football last night.

2 Likes

Because they aren’t spending billions to buy football?

1 Like

There’s something really magical about Real Madrid.

So many Hall of Famers who have danced at all the right dances over the years.

1 Like

It’s cute to see Manchester Red Devils fans adopting Real Madrid as their new team.

1 Like

I much prefer Barcelona to Real Madrid but you have to have incredible respect for Marcelo, Modic etc.

That Eduardo Camavinga looks a very astute signing by Real Madrid.

Will he get a look for France at the World Cup ?

Ewan is casting aspersions over Modric’s longevity.