Champions League Final Qualifying Round

I love the keeper’s head in hands reaction.

Some potentially decent games on TV tonight.

Sky Sports 2 have Sevilla at home to Braga. The Portuguese side lead 1-0 from the first leg and, while Sevilla have loads of attacking talent, an away goal would leave them with a very difficult task to qualify.

3e are showing Sampdoria versus Werder Bremen. Samp got a late away goal in the first leg to salvage a 3-1 defeat. The tie looked almost over but they’ll feel they have a sniff with Pazzini and Cassano up front.

Sampdoria game is far from over and I’ve had a bit of them at 7/2 to qualify. With Bremen having been hammered at the weekend, Samp having spent the whole week readying themselves and a cracking atmosphere this has to be the red button game to watch.

Doria Ale!

FAO mickee321:
I see Itay Shechter has been left out tonight. I read that he was injured but he’s being heavily linked with Celtic. What do you make of him? The support have taken to Kayal instantly - he’s been thoroughly excellent so far.

1-0 Samp; Pazzini header.

Awesome second goal by Pazzini. As I said last week, I’d love it if Roma signed him. Outstanding volley and souldressing’s bet is looking on. I mentioned in my earlier post that they’d fancy overturning it but I didn’t have the strength of conviction to back them myself.

Super volley there from Pazzini, Bremen have been really really poor here, they should compose themselves and have a bit of a spell though. Seeing a bit more of it last few minutes.

Braga 1-0 up on the night in Seville at half time so the latter need 3 second half goals as things stand.

Edit: I watched the Samp game but I mentioned to Puke on another thread last week that Braga were a good bit more impressive in losing in Glasgow than winning at home.

shecter is a fine player
we signed him last season from maccabi neatanya with dudi ben dayan and his goals helped hapoel win the league.
he is a very light player but an excellent finisher,
he linked up really well in austria last week with ben sahar , this is the first i have heard of this move to be honest, hapoel will be down 2 strikers now as menachan lala damaged knee ligaments last week against Maccabu tel aviv.
shecter cant make the israeli team, usually they go with Omar Golan from stadard liege and barak yitzaki from maccabi up front, these 2 are no great shakes so that must be remembered.

disaster now, salzburg are one up , 3/3 on agg,game on

mickee, I saw Shechter’s celebration last week but it was only in reading about him online that I copped he did it in Austria. What was the reaction like in Israel to it?

most people involved in football saw it as something rather unecessary.
for those who dont know after shecter scored a quite brilliant goal against salzburg last week, he whipped out a Kippa from his sock, and fell to his knees and said a jewish prayer, the ref subsequently booked him after he took the kippa off and stuckit back in his sock as he had intended whilst jogging back to the center circle.
the jews see this as a bit like saying the our father and donning a set of rosary beads after scoring a goal really, ive never seen shecter do this after scoring before, i know he is religous but to be honest it was a bit much, i suppose its a bit like when the egyptians score and they all run to the corner flag and 11 men simulateously kiss the ground.
i think the ref said he found it provocative, but then he retracted that for fear of being anti semetic i think
ive seen some of the beitar players do waht shecter did before buts thats because its beitar and they do that shit, like boruc and the pope thing…
anyway, he is a decent player and we are missing him tonight due to the “hamstring injury” apparently.

Braga just scored again in Seville. That’s a moderate shock to be fair.

gili vermouth just hit the post for hapoel, nerves jangling here in my appartment outside tel aviv,we are still up on away goals but are looking very nervous at the back.
we all know how bad Austrian football is as their second best team rapid vienna couldnt even beat aston villa last week who we all know are european also rans.

Good last twenty minutes in store in Genoa. Bremen need to score and are exerting some pressure now. Samp will be looking to pick them off on the break.

Anderlecht v Partizan looks like a good tie. 2-2 on the night 4-4 on aggregate.

Fantantonio with a back flick to put Samp 3-0 up.

Braga 3-2 up on the night now.

Into 5 minutes injury time in Genoa. Gianluca Curci, one of my favourite goalkeepers in world football, has been very assured as usual tonight.

But he couldn’t do anything about that goal…we’ll have extra time here. :lol:

Extra time beckons in Genoa

What a finish.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!
eran zehavi makes it one all in the last minute , 4-3 on agg
champions league is on for me