Champions League Final Thread

Four European Cups collide in the Manchester Ship Canal

Where did I say that? I clearly stated when a team hasn’t won it’s a domestic league the previous season and doesn’t win it the season they win the champions league it seriously devalues you it.

It was pathetic they jumping around like baboons after landing soccer’s equivalent of the Christy ring cup . They were knocked out of a cup which they coveted and won the consolation prize . It was utterly embarrassing

1 Like

when a fella can’t string a sentence together or make a coherent point, it seriously devalues his contributions to a thread. In my opinion. I’m just disagreeing with you. It’d be boring if we all agreed all the time

1 Like

Liverpool 05 won it on the lottery of penalties, didn’t win the league the same season or win it the previous season. That’s pretty much valueless.

Any long range prediction for the final yet? @Special_Olympiakos is waiting with bated breath before he can go to war with the bookies again.

What?

And yet they have the trophy in the cabinet, the record books and the memories.

So Limerick’s All Ireland last year was valueless because we weren’t league champions and didn’t win the league that year, or Munster. it didn’t feel valueless to me.

1 Like

You’re overstating their celebrating a bit there. Do you want them to wallow in self pity for the rest of their lives? They missed their chance over a few years where they were one of the best teams in Europe and finally got something to celebrate and they celebrated it

Fuck Atleti, Fuck Simeone and fuck Diego Costa. The anti-football cunts…

Another dinosaur that the game would be well shot of

1 Like

What :joy::joy::joy: I don’t think in the history of the hurling the league ever effect championship qualification. Previously before you had to win the league to be in the European cup.

you used have to win Munster to win an All Ireland. Does it devalue it?

Atleti Mayo

I wanted them to do nothing . Just observing that after being so close to the holy grail they were reduced to celebrating hollow success .

Yep definitely since the back door came in teams losing games and winning the all ireland devalues it but limerick Have at least added a league to show it isn’t a fluke.

By God.

You’d literally sell your soul to make a meaningless point on the Internet

so winning the league the following year adds value to the trophy from the previous year now too?

so unless you’ve won the league the previous year, the current year or the year after, the champions league is meaningless.

7 Likes

They shared the European Cup in 2016

Ridiculous talk. They played the way they had to play to come up to the level of two of the best teams ever in their back yard. They deserve all the praise in the world for those few years

I said it devalues it. Big difference between devalues and meaningless.

doesn’t mean I have to enjoy watching it.

That’s like praising Ulster teams for bringing in puke football.