Champions League Final Thread

Have you got a ticket for the match?

Nah and I would say Iā€™m highly unlikely to get one

Sure what about it though

Will be a lot of people in the same boat in that regard

I might rush the gates :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A Manchester United supporting friend of mine went all the way to Moscow in 2008 without a ticket but got one outside

Thatā€™s hardcore

Madrid is only a hop, skip and a jump away really

Might as well go

2 Likes

You spend so much time posting about English football yourself you must be a diehard?

1 Like

[quote=ā€œPerez2017, post:440, topic:28126, full:trueā€]
Lot of trouble to go and support a british team.

Hmmm, support Tipp or a british team?
No contest really.

And youā€™ll no doubt write a song about it. Would you offer to ghostwrite a column about it all for Billy Keane or your avatar and you might even come out in profit?

Paddy went to the Champions League final
The Liverpool roar it was spinal
With a Spanish young lady he wanted to get vaginal
But alas, he ended up sleeeping in a urinal

I was standing on Hill 16 for the 2007 Leinster final between Dublin and Laois

After a while it became apparent that there was some strange carry on a couple of steps down from me

A chap was dressed up like a blue Ronald McDonald and acting exaggerratedly for a camera - he looked wired

It turned out it was Billy Keane filming some feature for Des Cahillā€™s ā€œRoad to Crokerā€ where he pretended to be a Dublin diehard

1 Like

I love english football, city and liverpool 2 great teams but Iā€™m irish, not passionate about any english teams. Rather Ireland as bad and all as they are.

How much would a ticket from a tout be, about ā‚¬5000?

Good man Sidney, thatā€™s a smashing itinerary. What you need to do now is get onto Joe Duffy, outline your travel plans and hint slightly at your circumstances before unpinning the grenade that you have no ticket.
A quick anecdote (a makey up up one will suffice) will stimulate the goodness of the nation and some oulā€™ one will spring for it if the FAI donā€™t seize the opportunity for positive publicity.

I donā€™t know but Iā€™m guessing that would be ballpark

Face value tickets are up to ā‚¬500 I think

Forgeries Iā€™d imagine are also a significant risk

Around Croke Park/Lansdowne Road youā€™d know the lie of the land so to speak if you were ever short of a ticket, youā€™d know the spots and who to ask, youā€™ll always get in if you really want to

Like, before the 2015 All-Ireland final I was talking to a Dublin supporter who paid ā‚¬250 for a ticket, I saw him buying it about 11am on Oā€™Connell Street, he told me ā€œthatā€™s the cheapest youā€™ll get oneā€

Three minutes later I had a face value Hill 16 ticket in my hand

But I imagine for this it would be real needle in a haystack stuff

Back in the 70s my oulā€™ fella went to Paris for the European Cup final between Bayern Munich and Leeds and got a ticket without much hassle

In 1995 I had a ticket for the final league match between Liverpool v Blackburn and he didnā€™t - when I met him afterwards it turned out heā€™d got in by paying a tout Ā£25 for a Ā£15 ticket shortly before kick off - seems quaint in retrospect - big matches were a lot easier to get into back then

Single tickets are 3.5k on stubhub pairs are 5.5k.

In 2009 I let slip on this forum that I was going to the Heino final in Edinburgh and hoped to attend the final game of the Scottish League between Celtic and Hearts the next day

A poster on this forum offered me a ticket by PM unprompted

Unfortunately I got so smashed after the rugby that my I literally destroyed my phone

Miraculously I managed to meet the poster in the designated meeting spot the next lunchtime pre-match, about 20 minutes late though

The ticket was a season card - a plastic yoke

I was supposed to give back the card at the end of the match to a different guy who presumably was supposed to be sitting in the seat beside me

I was so twisted that I misread the number of the seating block and ended up six blocks away from where I was supposed to be and thus could not give back the card

I posted it to him a few days later

I hope Billy Sheehan gets one. Never misses a game.

Old time bikes enthusiast @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy will be forced to support us now

He wonā€™t like that

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Billy in da house :clap:

2 Likes

Gullible scousers.

3 Likes