Champions League Group Stages

When are the fixtures announced?

would have thought it would have been more the ‘Micheal Rizeiger Group’ pal?..

Don’t think so mate. Barcelona have a clearly superior European record since the competition started being taken seriously in 1967.

The roll call of teams in the group stage is particularly high on pedigree this year. Nottingham Forest and Liverpool the most glaring absentee from the ranks of the elite teams.

Aston Villa also, but Paul Lambert’s European Cup-winning experience combined with Villa’s tradition should see them challenging for the big cup again before long.

Red Star are the other glaring absentees. This year’s comp will have an obvious asterisk next to it without Forest, Villa and Red Star in the mix.

Aston Villa always should be mentioned when this great tournament is discussed. As one time winners though they don’t carry the same aura as Nottingham Forest would. Internazionale are the other big absentee this year that I omitted to mention.

Celtic start with Milan away followed by Barca at home and then have the Ajax double header. Barca away last when we’ll already be through.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BS2v7HSCQAEx0Kk.jpg:large

Can you post up the dates of the matches, Bandage.

Thank you.

@Bandage

Any advice on the best way to go about acquiring tickets for the Barcelona game at Celtic Park?

You’ve fairly dirty fingernails @Bandage

Red noses influence felt already

@Rudi - the dates are on that image.

@Horsebox - I lifted the image from Twitter. Those are not my fingernails - please withdraw your comment.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 823717, member: 9”]@Rudi - the dates are on that image.

@Horsebox - I lifted the image from Twitter. Those are not my fingernails - please withdraw your comment.[/quote]
I don’t know what to say, mate-it was a crass assumption and I apologise wholeheartedly.

[quote=“Rudi, post: 823697, member: 1052”]@Bandage

Any advice on the best way to go about acquiring tickets for the Barcelona game at Celtic Park?[/quote]

Have you ever even been to Celtic park? :rolleyes:

Course I have.

Just don’t want to have to reach out to my contacts.

[quote=“Rudi, post: 823827, member: 1052”]Course I have.

Just don’t want to have to reach out to my contacts.[/quote]

That doesn’t make alot of sense.

I’m sure Bandage will help you now that he knows he is down your list of “contacts”.

Who’s the fucking bluffer now.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 823839, member: 273”]That doesn’t make alot of sense.

I’m sure Bandage will help you now that he knows he is down your list of “contacts”.

Who’s the fucking bluffer now.[/quote]

Getting in touch with my contacts for big matches usually ends up with them offering their ticket up and I don’t like putting them out like that. As you are quite stupid, it may not have dawned on you that these tickets are like gold dust and even with the right networking they can be very difficult to get.

Kev will swap you an All Ireland ticket for an Ajax ticket if your interested Mr Totti

What Totti doesn’t know is if he was not such a fucking moron I might have considered hiving him the season ticket I have access to.