Champions League Matchday 5

16 ties with Celtic v Milan on Tuesday night the main highlight.

Here’s the UEFA Press Kit:

http://www.uefa.org/printoutfiles/competitions/uefachampionsleague/2014/E/E_2011837_PK.pdf

Mexes and Muntari are out for Milan. James Forrest trained for Celtic today and will be available. Berlusconi sent his daughter Barbara to speak to the Milan squad. I make it that Celtic go through if we win tomorrow and Ajax draw their last 2 games.

Mexes not starting is a big blow to Celtic…

So winning tomorrow would be good for us yeah? Anyone else misisng for Milan over longer term?

I think Forrest will be important for us - he’s been in good form in European games this season. Not sure we’ll play Forrest, Samaras and Commons though will we?

[quote=“Rocko, post: 865581, member: 1”]So winning tomorrow would be good for us yeah? Anyone else misisng for Milan over longer term?

I think Forrest will be important for us - he’s been in good form in European games this season. Not sure we’ll play Forrest, Samaras and Commons though will we?[/quote]

Pazzini, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Amelia are also injured while Saponara, Niang and Gabriel were not registered.

Would Niang et al need to be registered? They could surely qualify from List B no?

“Umberto Gandini, director of the AC Milan organisation, assumes the responsibility for the error in the compilation of the Champions League lists for not having taken into account in the drafting of such legislation that Uefa allows the inclusion of players born after January 1, 1992 with at least two years of experience at the club between the ages of 15 and 21 in the B List,” a statement on the club’s official website read.

Niang was only at the club one year, so is therefore ineligible from being included in the B list. However, El Shaarawy was included in the A list when he could have been included in the B list and therefore freeing a space up for Niang or another.

Niang is shit anyway.

@Bandage and I have agreed on the optimum starting lineup:

Forster
Lustig Ambrose Van Dijk Izaguirre
Mulgrew Ledley
Forrest Commons Samaras
Stokes

Kayal, Boerrigter and Pukki to miss out.

Team is as per @Rocko 's post above but Boerrigter for Stokes with Samaras upfront. Just back from Lennoxtown and you can take that as a TFK exclusive.

Stokes hasn’t been in great form so that wouldn’t be a huge surprise. We still really miss a consistent goalscoring threat. Pukki, Samaras or Stokes don’t offer us that - I think Forrest and Commons are our best sources of goals at this level outside set pieces.

Forrest arrested for indecent exposure 2 weekends ago. Some of inflicting reports but seems he was arrested this morning. If it was today then that might put his participation tonight into doubt.

Forrest has been released from custody and will be available for selection tonight. More news as I get it.

you confident the hoops can get the win tonite pal?..

Slightly concerned about centre midfield with Brown (and to a lesser extent Biton) suspended but confident of a victory all the same.

U19 game live on Eurosport now. It’s freezing here in Livingston. Anyone heading to the park later should definitely layer up.

I’ve over layered. Hoping to reap the benefits later but I’m sweltering at the moment.

What a fucking goal

Outrageous goal by McManus for the young bhoys.

I suspect Lennon will be picking Mulgrew in the centre of midfield tonight and Samaras as a lone striker and for that reason I expect Milan to win comfortably.

Milan -1.5 at 4/1 looks a steal to me tonight.

The team I think is best suited for tonight is:

Forster

Lustig
Ambrose
Van Dijk
Mulgrew

Forrest
Kayal
Ledley
Boerrigter

Samaras

Balde

Lennon will no doubt focus on playing players in rules they clearly don’t function well in.

Team is

Forster
Lustig Ambrose Van Dijk Izaguirre
Kayal Mulgrew
Forrest Commons Boerrigter
Samaras