Champions League Qualifiers 2018 /2019

Griffiths for Rogic

As much commentary as possible please lads. I’ve money on this

Ajer has been hopeless. Diving in and getting caught wrong side yet again.

1 Like

Sinclair for Lustig and it will be a back 3. Or 2 because tierney is pretty much playing left wing.

Sinclair for Lustig.

They’ve taken off that striker anyway. He was playing very well.

Not sure how Sinclair didn’t make contact with that cross.

Not a good result guys.

1-1 finish

Unlucky not to win. Absolutely dominated most of the game but didn’t really create enough clear cut chances. Edouard is a fine player but I think we miss Dembele against deep lying defences. And Griffiths didn’t look very sharp when he came on.

Disappointing result and with those centre backs we’re in big trouble.

1 Like

While they’re presumably favourites to go through now this is still an interesting tie. Celtic have meekly surrendered away from home so many times in Europe before that it almost feels inevitable. But they’re not a better team. They will play better next week but if they look shit hot next week it will be because we’ve collapsed a bit (like Malmo away, Hapoel Beer Sheva away, Astana away etc.).

This is still a tie we can progress from but we’ve rarely played well away from home in Europe, and extremely rarely in second legs of Champions League qualifiers when we’ve always looked incredibly nervous. Anderlecht away last season was obviously a good result and performance but it seems easier for us in group stages than in a 2 legged tie when we just collapse at the first sign of pressure.

this isnt beyond celtic at all rocko
they look flakey enough and if celtic score first over there they wont like it at all
i 100% agree celtic are a better side then these lads and id fancy to finsh them off

i watched 2nd half on a stream here Celtic TV - the commentary is really poor - very downbeat type stuff i thought

it looks like Shkendija for Cork if they get over Roseburg also

They defended pretty well tonight, even more so when they went down to ten men. I was wary when Celtic drew 0-0 at home to Rosenberg in a first leg last summer, but this is worse now these lads have the away goal too. It’s a strange one because Celtic have been poor in some of these early season games in recent seasons and gotten good results, whereas Celtic were good tonight and unlucky. It should have been 2-0 or something.

Hoping for a good result away in Europe with Rodgers in charge is like hoping to win the lotto. It might happen eventually but in all likelihood it won’t.

Buff normally regurgitates what he’s seen elsewhere online then copy & pastes. Man hasn’t a notion about most things.

A man for our times alright

https://twitter.com/Synuix_/status/1027548428375605248

Dembélé is in the squad for Celtic tonight but will start on the bench. Simunovic for Ajer then is likely to be the only change from the first leg.

Gordon

Lustig Simunovic Hendry Tierney

Brown Ntcham

Forrest Rogic McGregor

Edouard