Champions League Qualifiers 2018 /2019

1 Like

PAOK CSKA is a smashing game

3-2 PAOK 53 minutes

Need a much better start from Celtic tonight than the poor beginnings to both Rosenberg games.

Couple of half chances so far. Very good start from Celtic.

That should have been a penalty I think. Free kick just outside the box for Celtic instead.

Mmmccggggrrrweeggfooorrrrrrrr

MmmmmcccccGggggrrrreeeeeggggoooorrrrrr

Tierney and McGregor have been outstanding on that left wing and the one time it got a bit scrappy it fell to McGregor and he’s an excellent finisher.

Hendry and Ajer take too many chances. Ajer, being better, gets away with it more. Hendry needs to know when to clear his lines.

Hendry fairly weak there on a couple of occasions.

I’d like to see our pressure rewarded with a second goal here.

FFS sake. Equalizer from nothing.

Ajer was dreadful there

That was brutal. Ajer seemed to let the cross run across his body rather than put his foot through it. Lustig might have blocked the cross down in the corner before that.

Brutal end to the half. It was a nothing ball into the corner with no angle to work from that Lustig should have blocked but Ajer can easily cut that out but his instinct isn’t really to clear his lines.

Very good going forward for most of that particularly on the left. Tierney has been outstanding. Rogic and Forrest haven’t really been successful. The left back has done well on Forrest and Rogic doesn’t quite look sharp enough yet.

Fucking shite goal to concede out of nowhere though.

AEK down to ten.

AEK down to 10. Obvious second yellow for a cynical trip on Forrest. Two clear yellow cards in the space of 5 minutes

Took celtic a long time to wake up after the equalizer beginning to pile on the pressure again and playing at a higher tempo.

That striker chap is bullying Ajer a bit. Ajer is on a yellow and I’d be thinking about Simunovic.

Yeah, it’s touch and go whether Ajer and Hendry will get us through this tie or the final preliminary round but it goes without saying that they’d get totally exposed in the group stages.