Champions League Qualifiers 2018 /2019

Rodgers said Celtic will be playing a back 4 tonight.

So that means probably one of Ralston/Lustig/Gamboa will be playing.

If Rogic isnā€™t yet ready to start I donā€™t see how Lustig can be. Or Gamboa I guess. But Iā€™d still prefer Gamboa over Ralston who I donā€™t think is good enough.

I can exclusively reveal the starting lineup

Gordon

Gamboa Hendry Ajer Tierney

Brown Ntcham
McGregor

Forrest Edouard Sinclair

2 Likes

The Gamboa / Hendry combination at right back and right centre back doesnā€™t inspire me with confidence.

Danish league is the best Scandinavian league all right. HJK Helsinki best Nordic team there is though and I expect them to progress to CL proper.

1 Like

I think this opinion has to be tempered by the fact that @RaymondCrotty meets lots of Danish people sneaking around Asia and that his opinion has been swayed by them. Asia is full of Danes on the sneak.

Team is confirmed.

Not much on the bench there.

Forrest is playing centrally just off Edouard with McGregor towards the right.

1 down. FFS sake

Itā€™s been a fairly open game but theyā€™ve looked good on the break.

Ah that looked a penalty.

Ah itā€™s a definite penalty. Referee has given us nothing.

Eeedddooouuuuuaaarrrddddd

Thank fuck for that goal.

With Gamboa in the team heā€™s been playing as the attacking full back which has kept Tierney back. I get that Gamboa canā€™t defend but itā€™s a big sacrifice to lose Tierney bombing up the left.

Bendtner didnā€™t take long to figure out Hendry was the centre back to play off.

Brown and Ntcham havenā€™t put them under enough pressure. Theyā€™re finding time to pick out nice passes in midfield. Ntcham has done well on the ball actually and had a couple of helpful interceptions but weā€™re not exactly bullying them.

Forrest has been very good, especially since he went left. McGregor probably our best player but weā€™ve actually attacked fairly well.

Edouard been looking dangerous. Took his goal well. Very like the goal they got actually.

1 Like

Nnnnttttccchhaaammm

Should be further in front by now. They can still score on the break and already have the away goal so another goal or two would be very welcome.

Eeeddsoooouuaaarrrddd

Larssonesque finish.

this is a brilliant stage of the tournament we are at now and we all need to enjoy it
its real knockout football and you we have 5 more weeks of absolute theater now before the absolute dross of the group stages commences
look at toniteā€™s games - all nailbiters bar the Ajax and game in parkhead- i was watching Ludagorets and Videoton a real cup tie in a tense athmospehere - no one giving an inch, loads of police, a raucous crowd- real football

4 Likes

Rogic for Ntcham who looked to be tiring and had a yellow card. Smashing contribution from him and a superb goal.

Cadette mate