Champions League Qualifiers *now incorporating Braga v Celtic thread*

Thereā€™s no TV or radio coverage tomorrow night. Celtic have decided not to sell the broadcasting rights as they want to pack out the stadium. Itā€™s getting quite a lot of criticism given the dispersed nature of our support but the club argue that people can subscribe to Celticā€™s online channel to view the game.

Some big decisions for Lennon to make. Iā€™d be tempted to play Milan Misun left back; Iā€™d also leave Scott Brown out though heā€™ll obviously get the nod being club captain and all that. Thereā€™s also decisions to make with the strikers.

Will it be online in Ireland from channel 67 bandage?

Brown needs to be dropped but wonā€™t be. Iā€™d be starting Rogne too and Hooper with Sammy.

I donā€™t know yet, Rocko. Iā€™m doing some research at present.

Gary Hooper:

ā€œI think weā€™ve got every chance of getting through. If we attack them and press really high, I think weā€™ll have no problem. If we get one weā€™ll get a few and win 4-0 I reckon.ā€

Lennon press conference now:

• McGeady has travelled to Russia today. Expects a resolution one way or the other in the next day or two.
  • Not affecting preparation for tomorrow night as he hasnā€™t really been involved pre-season.
  • Baxter is NOT going to be involved with a formal role after further discussions between Finnish FA and Celtic.
  • Nobody else in mind for that role at present so just cracking on.
  • Need a performance; 4 goals, clean sheet. Celtic Park under lights, feed off the energy and hopes the players thrive on it.
  • Crowd very important; bring an energy, need that backing to elevate the performance.
  • Positives out of the weekend in London; great last half hour against Arsenal and played well against Lyon.
  • Thinks we can do it; new players so itā€™s difficult but experienced players there too and theyā€™re all completely focused on the task.

And Sky cut to an ad break. :mad:

He didnā€™t mention anything about Channel 67 being available in Ireland did he?

If I was picking the team Iā€™d go for:

Zaluska______

Cha Du Ri_Rogne_Hooiveld__Hinkel

Maloney_Ledley_Juarez___McCourt

Samaras_Hooper_____

Not sure about McCourtā€™s fitness/availability though so might start Forrest instead of him.

I donā€™t think Hinkel will start anyway so Mulgrew is likely to play there. Defensive nightmare but at least weā€™ll have good setpieces.

Ki or Brown is also likely to figure with, Iā€™d imagine, Ledley going wide and neither Forrest nor McCourt starting. Hard to see how you fit Brown in there if Ki is starting also so imagine the Korean will drop out, though Lennon has seemed to like him in preseason anyway.

Braga will be hoping to exploit the chinks in Celticā€™s armour. For that reason I would drop Cha and Ki.

Iā€™d leave Brown out too.

Zaluska,
Cha, Rogne, Hooiveld, Mulgrew,
Juarez, Ki, Ledley,
Forrest, Hooper, Samaras.

I reckon weā€™ll press them very high up the park and look to win the ball back in their half. Iā€™m hoping weā€™ll get away with Mulgrew playing on that basis and his set piece delivery may be important.

I donā€™t think Maloney looks fit and Iā€™d be tempted to start Forrest after his display against Lyon. I doubt heā€™ll play though and it may be too much to expect him to make a difference from the start.

Ledley passed the ball excellently from a central position on Saturday and I hope he plays infield after being ineffective when started out wide in the first leg.

I think Loovens is a complete liability and Iā€™d give Rogne the start. Hooiveld needs to up his performance level also. Weā€™ll need both full backs bombing on so itā€™ll be up to one of the midfield three playing in a disciplined enough manner to protect the centre backs.

I like Hooperā€™s touch and movement at the weekend. Samaras has been our best striker in pre-season and I think they could combine well.

A pun for punā€™s sake. A good pun needs proper context also. Thatā€™s a terrible effort - 2/10.

The oppurtunity presented itself and I went for it. Context was firmly in place. It wasnā€™t quite as good as my Gerard Cavlan pun but on a different planet to my admittedly very poor John Tennyson one. Now if you had pulled me up on that I would have considered it constructive criticism but this is just nit-picking for nit-pickingā€™s sake.

I think you go for quantity at the expense of quality and context generally. Quite grating on the World Cup threads, I felt. I havenā€™t seen the Tennyson one so wonā€™t comment on that.

Bandage, the World Cup is a once in four years punmakerā€™s goldmine, or diamond mines as they have in Johannesburg. The more you dig, the more diamonds you find.

I hope our players back up their talk tomorrow night. Following Hooperā€™s 4-0 comment, Kiā€™s on goal.com talking about smashing Braga. Wilson, Oā€™Dea and McGinn are out. McCourt trained today after missing the games in London with a tight hamstring. Forrest has a bug and didnā€™t train today. McGeadyā€™s away in Moscow and there was actually reports that Hinkel wasnā€™t registered in the 25 man Champions League squad due to the expectation that heā€™ll leave.

Looks like Forrest is out of the game tomorrow with that illness.

Jesus lads, give each other a call, connect ffs. Yeā€™d save an awful lot of time.

im backing Celtic to win 4-0 & I am very very confident we can do it

never underestimate the spirit of the Gael & the fighting spirit of the Irish - the people of Dublin brought down the british empire- no reason why the Irish diaspora cant beat some diddy portugese team 4-0

Believe

Iā€™m predicting 6-1 Celtic myself.

Believe.

Penalties.

'Mon the Celtic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miulT5eAHyg

1-0 Braga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFSQcQN4l98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03eYG7Gzdcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWxj9GBR4Dc

Celtic have won 9 and a drawn 1 of their 10 competitive home games against Portuguese teams.

Tonight needs to be like Oā€™Neillā€™s first game against the huns when Celtic were 3-0 up after 15 minutes.

Time for Lenny to bring back the thunder.

Cmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn.