Champions League - Round of 16

The 1st leg ties are taking place over the next week with the programme commencing tonight. Forza Roma.

Tuesday, 15 February 2011
Milan v Tottenham,
Valencia v Schalke 04.

Wednesday, 16 February 2011
Arsenal v Barcelona,
Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk.

Tuesday, 22 February 2011
FC Copenhagen v Chelsea,
Lyon v Real Madrid.

Wednesday, 23 February 2011
Inter Milan v Bayern Munich,
Marseille v Man Utd.

Looking at the teams there tonight, AC Milan -1 is 2.87, normally iā€™d say not bad odds, but Spurs are putting out one shite team and i expect them to lose badly. Milan in form as well. What do fellas think?

Also at 2.87 is Zlatan to score and Milan to win, seems very likely going on recent form.

Zlatan looked ridiculously cool arriving at the stadium there. :clap:

Milan
Abbiati,
Abate, Nesta, Yepes, Antonini,
Gattuso, Thiago Silva, Flamini,
Seedorf,
Robinho, Zlatan.

Spurs
Gomes,
Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto,
Lennon, Palacios, Sandro, Pienaar,
Van der Vaart,
Crouch.

I havenā€™t watched Milan in a while. How has Thiago Silva settled into the midfield role? Pato is on the bench for them. Interesting enough Spurs selection. Pienaar in despite Krancjar scoring in the last two games. I think their central midfield and full backs can be exposed. They have Modric, Defoe and Pavlyuchencko on the bench. There should be goals in it and I think Milan can expose Spurs and win by a couple of goals.

Add something useful bando for fuck sake, what do you predict for tonight, i have to go training soon and iā€™m in 2 minds. Iā€™m definitely leaning to an easy Milan win, maybe a 3-0.

Thanks, you beat me to it.

Milan by a couple of goals. Spurs to perhaps get an away goal to keep the tie alive. Iā€™d say 3-1 Milan at a push but I do think theyā€™ll get the upper hand in midfield and be able to get at the Spurs defence. Itā€™s absolutely pissing rain there - similar to 4 years ago when myself, Rocko, dancingbaby, TASE and Tipper were there to watch Celtic get robbed against the eventual winners.

I should say, I rate Thiago Silva as a quality footballer from his play at centre back. Iā€™m making the jump to conclude that heā€™ll be comfortable in midfield tonight.

Jamie Redknapp: ā€˜Every report that came back from the scouting of Milan said that you must stop Zlatan to stop Milanā€™.

Souness has regularly slaughtered Zlatan on RTE but has just announced on Sky that heā€™s a fan of him and rates him highly. :blink:

Both teams to score in the Milan game is my bet tonight

Milan and Valencia should both win handy tonight. Have thrown them in an acca with Birmingham and Aberdeen.

Roma @ 2.06 to win tomorrow B)

Schalke seem to have chosen quite an attacking team away to Valencia with Farfan and Jurado on the wings and Raul and Huntelaar upfront. Iā€™m very surprised to see Pablo Hernandez on the bench for Valencia (has he been injured?) and to a lesser extent Joaquin but I think theyā€™ll have enough attacking threat in Aduriz and Soldado prompted by Banega in midfield to win it on the night. Theyā€™re quite formidable at home too and I like the left back Mathieu very much as a player.

[quote=ā€œLazarus, post: 563601ā€]Roma @ 2.06 to win tomorrow B)
[/quote]

Weā€™re in dire straits, mate. Thereā€™s a feeling that Ranieriā€™s on the way out and some of our key playersā€™ contracts are winding down. Not confident but thatā€™s often when Roma produce something inspirational.

for all tottenhamā€™s problems i am not impressed with Milanā€™s midfield at all
Gattuso , Falmini , Seedorf arent exactly the most creative or mobile individuals, i think they will miss Pirlo here tonight big time,
Jenas and a fit Modric would dominate here if they were available, i hope to fuck Lennon runs hard at Flamini , millan wont like that.

fuck it, ive backed spurs here at 4-1, there isnt too much difference between these squads, spurs arent exactly going to play for a nil all draw,
i think they have a fair chance and at 4-1 its worth taking

Roma will not beat Shaktar
shaktar+1 tomorro night is a bet for me

Someone fire up a link to AC quickā€¦

Excellent start by Spurs; knocking it around very well and a possible penalty shout for handball against Nesta. I think their set up will certainly trouble Milan in London so itā€™s important for Milan to get a lead tonight.

Ray Wilkins is some cock

Spurs the better side by quite a bit in the first half. It surprised me how comfortable Palacios and Sandro have been playing together in midfield. Milan have been very laboured in possession and have struggled to get the ball up to Zlatan and Robinho. Spurs have pressed hard and had a solid defensive shape and have passed it fairly well. I think Seedorf has been off the pace and Iā€™d be looking for Milan to get Pato on for him while tweaking their shape a bit.

Spurs compeltely on top here as expected.
Lennon is taking the right side of the Milan defense to the cleaners , gattusoā€™s headless chicken tactics arent doing them any good either.
zlatan is some bluffer lads, he reminds of Setanta O Halpin last year for Cork with the shocking control and continual cheating.
if lennon keeps driving at that shite milan right full and pienaaar and vdev keep buzzing about spurs will win this gameā€¦

in the second half surely pato will come on for the anonymous Flamini, to offer more of a threat for Milan coz right now its spurs-1 that is the more likely outcome