Champions League - Round of 16

Raul’s movement, touch and finish. Sublime. :clap:

can we finally put to bed the notion that zlatan ibrahinovic is a great player… ffs he isnt even as good as peter crouch…

Why is that, because Crouch scored a tap in tonight…

no because your hero was fucking useless…(besides the goal crouch played well).

I don’t know how one could say Crouch played well while zlatan was useless, didn’t think there was much of a difference in eithers performance and certainly not enough to draw the conclusion you have…Crouch worked hard but offered very little apart from winning a few headers 40 yards from his own goal and the goal aside was anonymous for most of the second half…Zlatan hadn’t his best performance but was central in most of AC attacking play and showed some nice touches and looked far more of a threat in the box than Crouch, he wasn’t helped by a lack of service either and to his credit Michael Dawson had a very good game for Spurs…

Seedorf managed the same amount of successful passes in 45 minutes as Krancjar achieved in 13 minutes - 13. He also gave it away 7 times.

Compare Seedorf’s 45 mins below with Modric’s 28 minutes underneath.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/179872_195815207112841_100000530896519_672103_1845031_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/183006_195815597112802_100000530896519_672106_2252349_n.jpg

Raul. :clap:

Enjoyable game in Milan tonight. Whatever about the Gattuso-Jordan incident though, I thought the way the Milan players reacted to Flamini’s ‘tackle’ on Corluka was fairly disgraceful. Going nuts because he hadn’t left the field when Flamini had clearly injured him fairly badly with a two-footed challenge is pretty bad.

Yes Rocko, telling statistics all right that would be apparent to those of us that watched the game. You’ll see Seedorf misdirected a few attempted longer diagonals to Zlatan but the shorter incomplete passes resulted from Spurs pressing hard and not giving him any time on the ball. He was hounded off the ball in the tackle on a couple of occasions and was forced to get rid of it quicker than he would have preferred at times too resulting in sloppy giveaways.

Nah think you remarked some time ago that Lennon was just another shit English player and would never amount to anything - I think I actually pointed out at the time that his pace alone will put him in positions that more talented players wouldnt get in so if your basically rehashing that argument to look good infront of your mate fire away

Seedorf not having the legs anymore was the line I think. He never had the legs to begin with. His astute football intelligence has served him well throughout his career, he was never one to go bombing around the place

So it’s his astute football intelligence that has let Seedorf down now… nothing to do with his age? If you didn’t feel the need to argue silly points then everyone else wouldn’t feel the need to point out the stupidity of your arguments.

Fair difference in passing styles from the two teams. Here’s their attacking passes in the last third: Spurs played much more direct stuff as you’d expect from an English team and as you’d expect from a team away from home.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180423_195819560445739_100000530896519_672114_3554153_n.jpghttp://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/179852_195819397112422_100000530896519_672113_5599693_n.jpg

Posts #19 and #26 on this thread are what I actually said about Seedorf, mate. Come on pal - no real need to make things up. I know there’s the time difference and all and you must be bright eyed and bushy tailed and looking for a bit of attention but you’re making things up. You didn’t see the game (correct me if I’m wrong by all means), the stats back up the fact he was off the pace (note the difference between this phrase and saying somebody has no pace or can’t sprint quickly) and his manager hooked him at half time.

I don’t rate Aaron Lennon very highly at all. I don’t generally feel the need to outline my position after every poor/quiet game he has but he made the goal tonight so all credit to him.

the english pigs should be banned for their overreacting,cheating & lack of fair play

jordan should be banned from football for life

Thats quitie a retarded statement, i saw Seedorf in the flesh twice and thought he had magnificent athleticism, and plenty off the mark pace. Maybe not a blinding sprinter, but somewhat like what Paul Galvin has in Gaelic, he could take off really quick and had a sensational turn. He had a brain on top of this of course and this is why he was such a wonderful player for so long. One of my favourites, and he owes nobody anything.

Exactly, what he is saying is wrong in so many ways.

Puke this isn’t exactly enough for him to be considered one the games best. And of course he was central to most of Milan’s attacking play, he was playing up front on his own!!! :o Who else were they going to go through.

Again with the bull shit.

Again, he is wrong.

Yeah, I suspect Jordan had it coming. Not sure how a Bosnian-Croat with an injured leg is an overreacting, cheating English pig though.

the team as a whole were cheats- diving,playacting,trying to get milan players booked etc etc- would hate to see that creep into our game

jordan is the watercarrier for the hotspurs yet for some reason he is out of the technical area verbally abusing one of the milan players :angry:

What are you on about kev, never said he was one of the games best, he was nowhere near that…Don’t know what game you were watching either as Milan played with 2 up top all night, partnered firstly by Robinho and then by Pato…My point was in relation to a comment made saying that Zlatan was useless whil Crouch played well, don’t think this was the case at all and there was very little between the two…The odd time in the second half when Spurs got out of their half and Milan got a bit of room to play in it was Zlatan who was linking things up along with Robinho, If you had to mark the two of them out of 10 tonight Zlatan was probably 5.5 while Crouch a 6 or 6.5…The goal in fairness was 95% Lennon 5% Crouch

I think the inital quote was that he ‘doesnt have the legs’ anymore by Mickee - I’ll take your opinion that he was ‘off the pace’ tonight rather than relying on ‘stats’ from some bigot with a whiteboard (no Im not on about Andy gray).

I wasnt even arguing with you bar getting in a dig about Lennon. So we can be mates again pal.

Did Kev just compare Seedorf to a no mark DIT mature student - fucking hell

[quote=“KIB man, post: 563669”]
I think the inital quote was that he ‘doesnt have the legs’ anymore by Mickee - I’ll take your opinion that he was ‘off the pace’ tonight rather than relying on ‘stats’ from some bigot with a whiteboard (no Im not on about Andy gray).

I wasnt even arguing with you bar getting in a dig about Lennon. So we can be mates again pal.

Did Kev just compare Seedorf to a no mark DIT mature student - fucking hell[/quote]
:lol: