Champions League - Round of 16

fuck sake. could just see that happening. awful defending from yepes. lennon did well and didnt fuck up that pass.

Donā€™t know how that was thoroughly deserved. Spurs have been under the cosh for the whole of the 2nd half.

FFS - had just stuck a nifty on Meelan to score the first goal 30 seconds before that. Great counter attack goal though.

Zlatan me holeā€¦ Give me the beanpole anyday!

Well done Michael :clap:

That was miserable defending. Backed off for 40 yards and then still dived in. Lennon ran half the pitch only beating one man.

Super goal in fairness, only have seen last 10 minutes, but it seems like the perfect away European performance from Spurs.

Well called Mickee, theyā€™ll surely go through now.

The boys on TV3 are retarded.

Gattussos a disgrace blah blah blah. Joe Jordan was practically on the field for the first incident and came over having words with him there again. Pity he didnā€™t properly nut him because heā€™ll get the same ban as if he did

with the way spurs played, they deserved something out of that. not sure they were the better side overall, but they did what they had to do in an away leg. Milan were all over them in the second half, but not worth a shite if they dont take their chances. Gomes kept them out with a couple of great saves which kept them alive and Lennon did well to break away for the goal. and got the bit of luck at the end with Zlatans goal, probably rightly, disallowed. Milan started wrong, Seedorf was shite and Pato not been given enough game time since he came back from injury. he showed milan were a different side with him in it.

Fair play to Tottenham,
Christ, Milan are a horrible, horrible teamā€¦

one would have to question why pato did not start, once he came on he really began to find space behind Gallas and Dawson and create opportunities,
Seedorf and that retard Gattuso should do the decent thing and retire now, they were so far off the pace tonight it was astonishing and Gattusoā€™s contiunual petulance was an embarrassment to people like Donadoni, Gullt. MVB, Baresi and other people who have graced that famous shirt.
i thought the game almost changed when the ref took the bizarre decison not to send off Flamini for that tackle on Chorlika, Woodgate came on and spurs completelty lost their shape, they rode their luck however and with 2 spectacular saves from Gomes, Gattusoā€™s disgraceful antics and robinho and zlatansā€™s disinterest held on in there and eventually Lennon finally exposed that woeful Milan left full and Crouch did the necessary.

anything is possible for Tottenham in this tournamentā€¦
Milan are a sad, sad, reflection of that great team of 1989ā€¦ sad to see

Gattuso - the hun cunt. Horrible little bastard. Zlatan, of all people, sloppily gave the ball away with Milan on the attack but Lennon ran two thirds of the field only having to beat Yepes to set up the goal - it shows Milan had over committed perhaps. Lennon showed nice composure to square it to Crouch because his decision making and execution of the final cross/pass is often lacking. Milan will probably feel hard done by having dominated second half possession, and Gomes made two excellent saves from Yepes, but Spurs dug in well and I thought Dawson was superb. Iā€™d expect them to score at home and that would mean Milan need three minimum. Theyā€™re in a very strong position now.

Crouch is better than Zlatan according to Cascarino.

2 bandage, but yeah, Spurs in a very strong position

Mickee, it was Yepes, the centre half, that Lennon did, not Antonini. Lennon did shag all on Antonini in the second half, but roasted him the first.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

I need to have a rest.

Harry up to the Sky studio. Jamie embracing him. Great family. Great scenes. Proper football men. :clap:

Always had faith in him coming good, Bandage must be eating humble pie again tonightā€¦

Says it all about the state of Italian football when Tottenham missing Bale and with Van der Vaart and Modric half fit can still beat AC at the San Siro

Some tard on about Seedorf doesnt have the legs anymore - he never had much pace or athleticism at his best :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

i stand corrected on that but even so , it dosent augur well for Milan however that they also have another player as slow as Antonini who also was not at home either when it mattered.

tonight i was going to have a bet on no italian team getting thru, gutted i didnt do it now.

re; the second leg, pato must start for Milan and pirlo if fit ( i have no idea of his status).
Gattuso being suspended can only be a good thing for milan.
it will be interesting now for Harry, will he go out and try and win the game or play it tight, my guess is that Bale, VdeV will be back to full fitness and spurs will cut loose in the lane and expose Flamini, Seedorf and my mate Antonini for what they are
3-0 tottenham

So slow players canā€™t get worse as they get older?

Did you watch the game, mate? Or is it only EPL fixtures that you set the alarm for? Thereā€™s a difference between the tempo of the game being too quick for somebody, you know? I donā€™t think Seedorfā€™s pace was questioned by anybody on the thread. You might have noticed that he was hounded off the ball on a few occasions in the first half, if you saw the game. I guess the manager hooking him at half time indicated that he was struggling.

Clarkey and I were remarking that Lennon clearly had Antonini for pace but wasnā€™t driving home the advantage by producing anything out of the favourable match up. I made the very astute comment that his pure pace ensures that on the law of averages he eventually creates something and so it proved in the end. Milan leaving him with one player to run at into a whole half of space wasnā€™t the best piece of collective defending. Fair play to him though - he showed a level of composure that heā€™s usually not renowned for by squaring if after he skipped past Yepes.