Champions League Round of 16

sweet mother of god thatā€™s an abortion of a goal to concede

All important away goal for Bayern

Woeful keeping

If I was getting up to watch an AFL Grand Final, Iā€™d generally set the alarm for around 6:48am or so. Thereā€™s just no need to put yourself through the bother of getting up at 5:30am to watch the whole first half. Itā€™s pointless.

You wait for the good stuff, you hope to click on a live stream around 6:52am and there are three minutes gone in the third quarter and three points between the teams.

If itā€™s close, youā€™ll see the real action. If itā€™s not close and the game is already done as a contest, youā€™ve missed fuck all anyway.

Since the abolition of the away goals counting double rule, Champions League first legs have become like the first two quarters of an AFL Grand final.

The whole intrigue of first legs was predicated on the away goals rule, and now that itā€™s gone, they have become donā€™t need to watch television.

1 Like

Thatā€™s abolished now I think?

KM messi amd neymar having a slow bicycle race here when they dont have the ball

Daunting looking second leg for PSG now at the Olympiastadion.

Unreal save from Donna

Two unreal saves

Iā€™d have caught that in my cap.

Mbappe has some amount of cheese eaten since the world cup

PSG need to bring on Messi

PSGā€™s half hearted, disorganised press would remind you of Manchester United against Liverpool in the 5-0 at Old Trafford.

Ramos looking for the trap door here. Back the red card

Itā€™s sad for Messi to be associated with psg. He should be back in Barcelona leading pedri and the likes.

I doubt youā€™d have had to even dirty your cap to stop that. Iā€™d say you could have trapped it with your foot.

Thereā€™s a real Europa League feel to this.

Neither PSG or Bayern are contenders to win the Champions League.

Joint coaches Messi and Mbappe are making that sockless chump Nagelsmann look like a genius.

Jaysis, mullers even slower than messi

1 Like

It feels like a pre season Nissan Super World Trophy style match being played in Kuala Lumpur or similar Far Eastern conurbation.

We have plenty of these matches to look forward to when the European Super League eventually comes to pass

2 Likes

Man United v Barcelona will overshadow the champions league this week.