Champions League Round of 16

Clement Turpin is the best referee in world football.

Romero yellow card 6/4 like picking money off the ground. He should have been booked after 2 minutes.

1 Like

Do you remember the cheaper version of 7 Up in the 80s. Bubble up.

2 Likes

FC Hollywood will get this done.

Spuds are hacking like mad. Two fellas out of the next leg now if they make it

What channel is Spurs on?

Lol

Had to score that

Sommer haunted there

BT sport (413)
Got a bad feeling

Ah right. I don’t have that. Was going to flick over at HT from other game but couldn’t find it on my listings.

Edit: forgot I can watch on LiveScore app

De Ligt did well

Even in the second leg the absence of the away goals rule takes away so much intrigue from these ties.

If away goals were in operation, one PSG goal would put Bayern Munich under serious pressure because then the threat of the sucker punch would be hanging over Bayern like the sword of Damocles.

There’s no chess in this, the stakes in every given minute of the tie are reduced.

1 Like

We’ll always have the memories of those great European nights.

Tottenham v City 2019 being a particular favourite of mine.

2 Likes

This could the GOATs last ever champions League match, and to all intents and purposes his last ever big match.

Pure jeopardy in every minute of the 180.

The first leg of that tie was a classic too. An Aguero missed penalty, a Son sucker punch, a hatful of missed chances by “City”. You knew Spurs needed to keep the clean sheet that night but that if they could do it they had a right shout. Had Spurs won 1-0 that night under current rules, “City” would have run all over them in the second leg. “City” couldn’t do that because the away goals rule put the wind right up them. Even when they went ahead in the tie, they knew one kick could do them, and it did, or one shoulder, as it was.

2 Likes

Spurs Milan is gank. Neither keeper had a real save to make. Kane hardly touched the ball. But that is Spuds MO these days get to half time and then try. They’ll surely have to go for it second half. Their build up is so slow its painful. Its like they are waiting for Milan to get the bodies back

spurs ‘fans’ booing off their team. Christ, it’s a miracle Conte has hung around there this long, a very decent man.

Rio, Crouchy and Hoddle saying it here in studio,
Spurs are playing like the team that’s one up, no urgency at all.

Expect a response in the 2nd half