Champions League Round of 16

The German league as expected is being badly exposed.

Harry Kane is lost at this level

PSG might be better now they are not as star studded* (*copyright GAA journos talking about a sigerson cup team)

I’ve been very impressed
With lazio. Only 6th in Italy.

Haaland. He scores goals.

Good to see Brentford in the champions league

Two Proper clubs from two proper leagues.

Arnautovic with the biggest gob in a match involving Inter Milan I’ve seen since Andy Townsend dribbled a gigantic silk web of spittle across his entire front in the 1994/95 UEFA Cup 1st round at Villa Park in that match Villa won on penalties where Ray Houghton once again scored against Gianluca Pagliuca.

Is this not the Man City thread?

Seriously impressed if you remember who scored the winning penalty that night??

Phil King, yes unfortunately I did know that without having to Google.

That was a smashing European night. Pitch invasion at the end if memory serves. Revenge for Villa for four years previous when they beat Inter 2-0 at Villa Park and looked to have the tie in their pockets yet blew it at the San Siro and lost 3-0. Tony Cascarino missed a sitter early on in that which would have been the away goal.

1 Like

Scenes

Italian football :heart::heart:

And lads said that Arnautovic’s career was over when he left West Ham for China. An unexpected Indian Summer for the Austrian.

Some atmosphere

Own goal

Sticking this here as George should still be lead commentator on the big CL nights. But I think they call this “sub tweeting”. All these regular tweets by George are just digs at Des Curran & I find it amusing.

https://twitter.com/hamiltonrte/status/1759972299711631499?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

Savic looks insane

Simply the best

Good old Morata doing what he does best, missing sitters