Champions League Round of 16

You were writing letters to Brezhnev.

Correct. “Experts”

My brother used to live in Moldova.

I wrote a song about the whole thing. It was called ‘The lights are blue in Chisinau’

2 Likes

The trans rights movement has been gathering a lot of momentum so I’d expect some pressure to be put on Governments to recognise an independent transnistria

Ask Julio about Moldova will be a great thread

Pronounced “Kizzenow”.

Wrong

After reading the last 20 posts on this thread I am now an expert on all Moldovan-Russian matters

1 Like

A huge amount of Moldovan people hold Romanian citizenship.

Viorel Moldovan scored the only goal when Coventry won at Villa Park in the FA Cup 5th Round Proper in 1998. It was Coventry’s first ever win at the venue. I think he scored against England in the World Cup that year too?

1 Like

Kissin’ now? Which you never got to do again after yer wan left for Chisinau.

1 Like

You dont understand the language of Rock n Roll.

There’s a lovely phrase Tim Vickery uses regularly as a point of abuse against horrible metal bands. “They have the rock but they ain’t got the roll.”

And it’s true.

I aint checking but Sebastien Thill may be the first Luxembourger to score in the group stages of teh CL.
And what a fucking goal it was :clap:

Likewise. I’ve read “Playing the Moldovans at Tennis” by Tony Hawks, of “Round Ireland with a Fridge” fame.

The Russians would send buses to the old folks homes and give the auld timers a bit of cash to go vote in the elections in Moldova.

Great to have a dedicated thread about Moldova.

Is that a pub in the north inner city Dublin ??

Anyone ever play a Moldovan at Tennis ??

I’m not sure on the present tense bit. It could be past tense.

Cleary’s would be my watering hole of choice in the general area.

1 Like