Champions League - Round of 4

Is Ronaldo still in the competition?

Prowling time or taxi time?

Messi played hide and seek for the last half hour before being embarrassingly horsed off the ball by Fabinho in injury time. Iā€™m afraid Duncan is spot on as usual.

1 Like

Barca would have beaten Ajax.

No. Heā€™s in semi-retirement now, plying his trade in a league where Suso and Borini are superstars

1 Like

No but neither is Messi

Playing your idiotic game, Messi got further so is better.

End.

hang on, did Real (Ronaldo) not give up a 3-0 lead to Juventus, when playing in Madrid, and needed an English referee to cheat in injury time to make their way to the final and ultimately win the trophy? I didnt see Ronaldo do much prior to being given a penalty kick, or are we celebrating scoring an undeserved penalty as the barometer for success?

5 Likes

Young man I merely asked the forum to debate a view expressed by a respected journalist from the British press .

Not sure what game Duncan was watching tonight but Messi put two of his team mates through on goal and they should have done betterā€¦ he cant pass it and run on to it and scoreā€¦

3 Likes

Sorry, I missed that post ā€¦ I only saw the Duncan Castles one.

1 Like

Love the mental gymnastics here as people canā€™t admit Messi is a fraud

Duncan has them ;

image https://i.ytimg.com/vi/55ky9e4tDOY/hqdefault.jpg

Coutinho does not suit the Barca front 3. Perhaps one of the midfield?
Cant see why they are not playing Arthur in every game.
Busquets and Rakitic are flagging in their midfield.

1 Like

People are wankers. You score 600 odd goals in your career and are a serial winner but lose a game and youā€™ve cunt journalists like Castles posting clickbait and fucking idiots whose only experience of football is playing fifa or championship manager lapping it up and trying to pass out off as some sort of original, contrarian opinion.

Ronaldo and Messi are phenomenal players. The best Iā€™ve ever seen in my lifetime. People canā€™t enjoy them because of a weird obsession with top trumps and categorizing things in nice little lists.

11 Likes

How old are you?

I find it hard to believe he is the best

1 Like

You watch him with a jaundiced, premeditated opinion, only looking for the negative. You canā€™t enjoy one of the all time greats out of pure belligerence. Itā€™s pitiful.

3 Likes

Messi is the best end of story.

4 Likes

Special word for Daniel Sturridge who came off the bench with less than ten to go and proceeded to half heartedly jog after the Barca defenders when they had the ball, while Mane who had run himself into the ground for the 90 minutes was still desperately chasing them down

5 Likes

I fuckin saw that.