Champions League Round of Qualifying

Celtic Submari banner proudly on display. :clap:

No, it’s Birtles on Sky. I don’t think Fairclough is a Sky man but he may be covering it on Setanta? He crops up there on their EPL Saturday games on occasion.

Ah it’s Setanta I’m watching. Apologies for any confusion.

Great headbutt by Valero to get the red card. :lol:

Reminded me of Scott Brown.

Stunning goal to seal it.

Keeper had no chance.

Beautiful second goal tonight by Rossi - the deft finish was sublime. Wonderful ball by Cani. :clap:

Wisla Krakow blew it, lost 3-2 on aggregate in Nicosia , conceded the last goal in the 87th minute. Soft goal as well.

Udinese are 11/4 to qualify for the next round.
Great value there I would have thought.

Arsenal seem to be in disarray.

I think they’re vulnerable to an away goal and that would make things very difficult but agreed that it’s a big price and the fact it includes AET and penalties makes it an attractive proposition.

Lyon have progressed in Russia tonight at the expense of Rubin Kazan. A 1-1 draw on the night and a 4-2 victory on aggregate.

Apoligies if this was already mentioned. You’d imagine another Turkish side would get the nod but half of them are just as dodgy.
Liverpool? :ph34r:

Club in match-fix probe out of Champions League

The Associated Press

Published: Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2011 - 9:39 am

ISTANBUL – Turkish champion Fenerbahce has been removed from the Champions League because of an ongoing match-fixing investigation.
Turkey’s Football Federation says it has withdrawn Fenerbahce after meetings on Wednesday.
Fenerbahce’s removal comes 24 hours before it was to take its place among 32 elite European clubs in the group stage draw being conducted in Monaco.
It is unclear how UEFA will choose a team to replace Fenerbahce, which is suspected of fixing matches to win the title last season.
Runner-up Trabzonspor was eliminated in the Champions League qualifying rounds but has also been implicated in the match-fixing probe.

Two bets I fancy in tonights European matches.

Over 2.5 goals in both the Arsenal/Udinese game and the Plzen/Copenhagen match.

Di Natale 1st goalscorer 5/1, easy money :cool:

Away goal potential must be high the way Arsenal have started and the space they’re getting behind the Udinese midfield. Still, a warning at the other end with Di Natale’s correctly disallowed offside goal.

Walcott looked onside there. Would have been clean through coming just after a let off for Arsenal at the other end with the ball coming back off the post after a limp header. Both teams living dangerously at the back

Di Natale’s movement was typically excellent there but the cunt should surely have knocked it in.

Van Persie clearly lacking match sharpness tonight

That could have been the tie there for Arsenal. Gervinho has played very well so far and put that on a plate for Walcott.

:pint: :clap: