Cheltenham Day 4 Tips and Discussion

They ain’t doing half as well as you seem to think

It’s some scam.

They’ve bought dozens of absolute duds.

I can only guess there’s been an out of ring price already agreed and the ring price is meaningless? Like how the Coolmore lads run things

If you ever have an afternoon on your hands download the results of all the big sales on the past 5 years and then compare the Doyles purchases v sales.

It would make interesting reading.

The Doyle’s are basically are developer in the Celtic tiger. Massive credit and any sort of down turn in the economy and they’ll be wiped out.

1 Like

Or a map of pointers from Wexford who have ended up in Gordon’s yard

1 Like

I’d a nibble on cool vexed here in Dundalk at 50s

1 Like

Akmaam did the biz this evening?

I ante post bet angels dawn for the midlands national and it wins the Kim Muir.

Two years ago i ante bet a horse of Johnjoes owned by jp for the Kim muir and it wins the midlands national. You couldn’t make it up.

2 Likes

Was sir du berlais called in for his improvement in form like langer Dan ?

Cc @Spidey @Tassotti

2 Likes

Jack Kennedy Is on crutches. How in the name of Jesus was he even in contention to ride this week?

If they can walk without crutches, they’ll chance riding

Go big or go home. Looks to be a few right ones tomorrow. You’re always wary of the Friday when Willie has a duck egg Thursday.

1.30 - sure obviously Willie wins. I like Lossiemouth out of the short ones. I don’t buy the stable vibes on Blood Destiny. The Leopardstown run was a mess and she should rebound. I won’t be backing her at her current price. There was a fair bit of confidence behind Gust of Wind in Leopardstown. He should come on a tonne for it given I don’t think he was in the stable that long. He’s likely not as good as the others but at 25s or bigger I’m happy to take an ew stab given there’s likely far more improvement in him than the others. Gust of Wind also had Jazzy Matty 20L odd behind him in Auteuil in September.

2.10 - Ballyadam ran a cracker here last year and is only 4lbs higher. His Leopardstown run shows he’s in good form when Henrys were rotten. I also like Winter Fog who I expect will keep improving for Willie. He’s got a huge hike but the 7lb claimer makes a big difference.

2.50 - Limerick and Clonmel form is my go to. Gordon’s fella looks very very solid. Not mad on 8yos in this race though. Hiddenvalleylake is a very good horse. His Clonmel run wasn’t that bad given he had to concede 6lbs. And the further Montys Star goes, the better he looks. I can see myself backing both of these.

3.30 - The heart finds it hard to go past A Plus Tard and Indo. If APT is back to what he showed last year he’ll give Gallopin a right rattle - not many can back it up in this race year after year though. I’ve Indo backed at 40s antepost and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him placed. I could actually make a case for all bar 3 of them so I’m just gonna keep it simple and go with APT.

4.10 - I’d flagged Its On The Line up here months back. It’s Emmets only P2P horse in training which I found a bit odd. 6yos have an awful record on this race but this lad has had some good wins on the P2P circuit recently. DOC would have his pick of the field you imagine so I thought it was interesting he goes with this lad. He’s faced The Storyteller twice this season and been beaten twice but has looked a lot more progressive since then. He’s likely still improving while others are going the other way so at 20/1 I think he’s worth a nibble.

4.50 - I think Impervious just wins. She probably needs a bog and by this time she might have it. The form of all her wins has been well franked.

5.30 - Find a good jockey riding a progressive type. Enter Iroko. Had been contesting Graded Juvenile races and has obliterated opposition in his last handicap. Horses who’ve finished behind him and won or been placed again since then. His rating well up but likely still got room for further improvement. Reminds me of when Johnjo Jr was jocked up one of Joseph’s to win this a few years ago

17 Likes

Gordon doesn’t have an owner yet for this one apparently. But he will by the end of the night. Noel must have little regard for money

I would imagine handicaps are treated differently in this regard for obvious reasons.

@ceist does a tongue tie improve a horses performance?

I’m afraid you’ve reached this week’s quota for bot interactions

What? I never interacted with you before