Cheltenham-Early thoughts

@BruidheanChaorthainn You seem to have Palmers Hill as a cornerstone in every antepost multi, how sweet are you on him? I’m looking for one or two for a lucky15 at the moment. That race is a bit of a minefield IMO with 23 runners each year and I don’t know about putting my money on a Jonjoe runner.

Ya I do like him. Ascot was good and The two extra furlongs and probably some head gear will bring out more improvement. I think he’s a very fair price.

I must say I like top bandit for the Martin pipe a lot.

Throw up your lucky 15

Was looking at that too. I’d be afraid he wouldn’t get in. His mark is already 139 in Ireland so the English handicapper will probably throw 6-7lbs more on that and he also has a race in Kempton at the weekend which if he wins could see him getting to 150 odd in UK. The Martin Pipe last year had top weighted horse 143.

He’s 139 in the Uk. Doubt he’ll run this weekend.

How hard can the UK handicapper go on the Irish horses if he took a mind to? They won’t keep taking festival hammerings on the chin

Al Boum Photo 10/1 for Gold Cup
Icare Allen 12/1 or 14/1 for Triumph

Looking for two more. I want to take on Honeysuckle with an outsider and although Quilixios has been tipped up a bit I can’t have him after just now turning 5yrs old and also he’s been beaten in his two runs this season.

1 Like

Gordon will run horses exclusively in the uk if it comes to it.

I like Saint roi in the champion. He stuck at it well last time. He’ll only improve.

1 Like

I agree with you on Top Bandit for Martin Pipe if they can go into it with the 139 mark. Have they said this is the target? Gordon loves to win this race.

Nope but I’d be very surprised if it’s not. Usually a race for unexposed novices. Gordon has an edge too as gainford is one of the best claimers around.

Big bucks falling early in his chase career probably the best thing that could have happened is another example

1 Like

Ya I actually re watched his Hennessy. He could have won if he stayed up. Great shout.

1 Like

The Jam Man declared in a 7 runner Pertemps qualifier in Warwick off 146 :popcorn:

1 Like

I’d be fairly confident Gordon will run Ginto in the Albert Bartlett.

The supreme and Ballymore are shaping up into good races. Gordon has three stripe life and mighty potter too to split.

He’d have a fair line into a lot of the best novices with gringo daubrelle and in particular blazing khal who’s form has taken a few dents in recent weeks.

I see Cromwell suggested My Mate Mozzie will get a Champion Hurdle entry and might take in the Irish Champion Hurdle. He’s 66s NRNB for the CH which is an ew bet to nothing in my opinion.

You think he would beat sharja and epatante? And that’s without the good crop of juveniles from last year.

Was espoir d’allen a novice too when he won it?

Darver Star was only 3L behind Sharjah when he ran in the CH. I’d have MMM a good half stone higher than him as a novice.

Cromwell has only ever had 2 runners in the CH. One has won and the other has been 3rd. If he sends one that way it’ll always pique my interest and I think the price available is huge as things stand

1 Like