Cheltenham

Jumping on the badwagon like your typical Munster rugby supporter here but in truth it’s one of only about 3 times in the year I take any interest in horse racing.

You fine, upstanding tfk’ers might be good enough to share any knowledge, tips and insider information in this thread please. hi5

[size=4]NEVER[/size]

An no. I more than likely will have a few next week just make sure to keep an eye out here

Have one tip but can’t say until nest week for definite.

Don’t forget now folks.

Waiting for my Tuesday tips at the moment.

Then it’ll be off down to the pub tomorrow afternoon for :drink: , horse racing and West Indies - Pakistan.

I’ll be posting my tips later - just need to sort them out in my head first.

My bets for Tuesday at Cheltenham:

14:00 Supreme Novices Hurdle

Didn’t really want anything here except Amaretto Rose but then I saw Kicks for Free, which being so similar to the site name was too good to ignore so I’ve gone 5 e/w at 16/1 or so I think.

14:35 Arkle Trophy

Buena Vista at 10/1 ran well in the Novices Hurdle last yar and has decent form.

15:00 Champion Hurdle

I backed Sublimity a few weeks ago at 50/1 and he’s now into about 14/1. Paddy Power are refunding losing single bets if your horse finishes second to Detroit City so I’ve had another small punt on Brave Inca at 7/2.

I’ve done no more bets for tomorrow yet but I’ve put a fiver each way on Hills of Arran on Wednesday in the Coral Cup at 33/1 on the strength of a Guardian article I read.

Tips from the notoriously unreliable Bandage senior:

2.00 - De Valira,
2.35 - My Way De Solzen,
3.15 - Hardy Eustace,
4.00 - Juveigneur,
4.40 - Royal Auclair, and
5.20 - Pancake.
Nap: JUVEIGNEUR.

Like the Kicks for Free shout I have to say.

[center][size=5] hi5 LET THE GAMES BEGIN hi5[/size][/center]

Here’s a few tips being passed aout the place, no idea if I’ll do any myself but here they are anyway

Nick Luck (C4 & RUK presenter) Amaretto Rose (Tues)

David Dickinson (handicapper) Newmill (Wed)

Mark Johnson (commentator) Wichita Lineman (Fri) & (Kill Devil Hill if it runs on Tuesday)

Damien McElroy (Irish Indo) Far from Trouble (Tues)

Tony Mullins (trainer) Well Chief (Wed)

Andrew Thornton (jockey) Denman (Wed) & Juveignuer (Tues)

Jonathan Powell (BBC) King Revo (Thurs) & Saintsaire (Fri)

Davy Russell (jockey) Star Performance (Tues)

Ruby Walsh (jockey) Denman (Wed)

David Pipe (trainer) Well Chief (Wed)

David Duggan (ATR) Gemini Lucy (Tues)

Mike Cattermole (C4) Well Chief (Wed)

Another tip I’d be more inclined to go with :o.

4.00 o’clock Today

Juveigneur, currently @ 7/1 with Powers.

I going with my auld lad’s tips for the first 4 races.

I don’t really fancy Da Valira in the 1st all that much after reading the form there but Bandage senior knows the trainer so I’ll tag along with him.

Happy enough to go with Hardy Eustace in the Champion Hurdle with Wexford’s Conor O’Dwyer on board rather than Brave Inca, trained by Wexford’s Colm Murphy. If either of them beat Detroit City then it’ll be a fair achievement though.

Fancy Brave Inca myself bandage in the champion hurdle. the ground is starting to dry out, and he’s such a battler, altho like u said it’ll be a fair achievement to overturn detroit city. today is a tough enough day to pick winners altho im told den man and well chief are bankers tomorrow.

Yeah, Denman is one of the whole bankers of the festival.

I see there’s a ruby, ruby, ruby 25/1 potential treble with Brave Inca, Denman tmrw and Kauto Star in the Gold Cup.

Have to do my cricket bets before things kick off at 1.30pm too - the pressure is intense.

Pressure is for tyres!!

Like the sound of that ruby treble, mite be worth some or my hard earned euro’s. who’s that with?

Just saw it when I was flicking through the Racing Post in the shop earlier. Can’t recall which bookie though.

Con Murphy presenting the bloody coverage on RTE. Come on Kicks for Free hi5 :drink: :smoke:

Kicks For Free was 5th. Nearly had a little each way earner as he was 25/1.

The favourite looked a certain winner when he hit the front at the turn but there you go.

Great ride by Choc Thornton there. The most underated jockey in the game according to Bandage senior. That win gives me the shot in the arm to fire a shit load on over the next few days.

What a gamble.

Ya prick.

How much did you have on him Rocko?

Marvellous punt.

Sufuckingperb. 8.75 each way at 50/1