Chorus vs Sky vs Freeview

The back up button does that on Sky I think

I thought it did but it doesnā€™t on the tv in my mamā€™s gaff. It just removes the red button from the screen. Might be just broken but thatā€™s the button I always hit to switch back instincitvely and it doesnā€™t do anything for me.

Just for argumentā€™s sake say I stuck with Sky Digital for TV but upgraded to their multi-room package and stayed Eircom for phone/internet.

Can I cancel the UPC analogue so I would just be paying Sky?

Yes.

Is Sky Atlantic on UPC?

Big deal breaker if not imo.

No unfortunately

Forgot about Sky Atlantic.

Doesnā€™t really suit my viewing habits in that I download any tv series I watch regularly and watch it over wifi or on my phone but for others I guess itā€™s a big disadvantage alright.

The picture quality on Sky is far superior.

In what way?

I think there is a much crisper picture with Sky.

Havenā€™t really used either in almost a year now but always found Sky vastly superior for television. UPCā€™s can be infuriating at times when itā€™s slow and unresponsive, the program guide is terrible compared to Skyā€™s. Also used to have problems with certain channels, Setanta Ireland had a habit of just not working when you really needed it.

Their broadband service however, is superb, never had any complaints with that.

On balance, if I was to get either Iā€™d probably end up going for UPC purely for the broadband advantage as most others are gank.

Canā€™t remember when upgrades happened but I think the programme guide is way better than it was under earlier NTL Digital.

Broadband is top class. Their customer service lets them down but not enough to make the difference for me.

Probably worth pointing out that their tv software is aligned to Netherlands so should improve with that market.

i) Iā€™ve ditched Murdoch in favour of UPC. Without wanting to sound like a complete retard, when you get multiroom viewing (Iā€™ve gone for one extra room), you are supposed to get a separate digital box, right? Only one box was delivered to me. I was expecting a second. I am finding this annoying and confusing.

ii) To get widescreen tv in the correct proportion (ie so people donā€™t look fat) do you require a relatively new digital box? Have only had a widescreen TV set for the last couple of weeks and am still getting used to the thing. My old Sky box (2000 vintage) is still plugged in (hopefully being unhooked for the last time later today) and I have not been able to get proper widescreen pictures from either the Sky box or from the analogue signal (wall connection) and am using 4:3 format with black bits down the edge of each side of the screen. This will change when the new UPC box is installed, yes?

iii) Has anybody had problems with ā€œportingā€ their phone number when changing from Eircom to UPC?

Thanks in advance,
Confused and slightly embarrassed forum member

(i) You should get two boxes and two viewing cards.

(ii) You should be able to change the settings on the old Sky box to go widescreen Iā€™d have thought. You will be able to do this on the UPC box anyway. Itā€™s in picture setup or whatever but widescreen should be the default these days Iā€™d imagine.

(iii) havenā€™t done that.

Can I ask you a question of no relevance to this thread? Are you having problems logging in today? Getting some weird error messages from your account. You might want to clear your TFK cookies.

When logging since last night it says something like ā€œAs this is your first time logging inā€ or some such. It wonā€™t log me straight in and I have to press a button saying ā€œcreate accountā€.

Cleared my cookies and itā€™s still doing it.

Why do you have to keep logging in? Are you logging out or is it logging you out itself?

I log out out the odd time but when I shut down the computer it usually logs me out automatically I think. I deliberately logged out after clearing cookies half an hour or so ago to test it. Will clear cookies again and log out and back in now to see if its still doing it.

edit: still doing it

Hmmm.

I know others may have gotten the same message but you should really only be getting it once.

Might be worth going to TFK Home and on the right hand side towards the bottom thereā€™s a login area. Login there and log back out again and see if that helps. The cookies were changed yesterday but it should fix itself after one login.

Used the home page to log in and then logged out and in again using the forum page and it seems to be working properly now.