Chorus vs Sky vs Freeview

Ah here runt, you had none of the in the original post. You can get a co ax connector in tesco for under a euro

I thought the Runt would have all this kind of thing down in fairness. Iā€™m bitterly disappointed in him. But Art in all fairness he had said he was moving the TV what did you thing he was at? Please donā€™t tell me you thought it was the little short bit of coax from the wall to TV that needed extending?

UPC launched their Horizon packages officially yesterday.
They seem to be roughly the same cost, even a little cheaper, than existing packages and bring lots of benefits - including finally a new remote and EPG. Also allows you to watch via Apps and other ā€œSmart TVā€ benefits like being able to browse internet on the tv etc.
@dancarter - you had a trial version didnā€™t you? How did you find it (apart from the bugs?)

[quote=ā€œRocko, post: 816725, member: 1ā€]UPC launched their Horizon packages officially yesterday.
They seem to be roughly the same cost, even a little cheaper, than existing packages and bring lots of benefits - including finally a new remote and EPG. Also allows you to watch via Apps and other ā€œSmart TVā€ benefits like being able to browse internet on the tv etc.
@dancarter - you had a trial version didnā€™t you? How did you find it (apart from the bugs?)[/quote]

Do you have to upgrade to get it Rocko or whats the story?

Whats an EPG?

[quote=ā€œJulio Geordio, post: 816729, member: 332ā€]Do you have to upgrade to get it Rocko or whats the story?

Whats an EPG?[/quote]
Existing customers have to pay extra to upgrade but it is the same price as the normal package for new customers I believe.

Is it much extra?

Can some please outline the benefits for me instead of me finding out for myself.

[quote=ā€œJulio Geordio, post: 816751, member: 332ā€]Is it much extra?

Can some please outline the benefits for me instead of me finding out for myself.[/quote]
Have a listen to this mealy mouthed English cunt from UPC from Matt Cooperā€™s show last night-he lists all the benefits in a very objective manner.

http://player.todayfm.com/player/listen_back/7/4974/12th_August_2013_-_The_Last_Word_with_Matt_Cooper_Part_2

[quote=ā€œHorsebox, post: 816753, member: 1537ā€]Have a listen to this mealy mouthed English cunt from UPC from Matt Cooperā€™s show last night-he lists all the benefits in a very objective manner.

http://player.todayfm.com/player/listen_back/7/4974/12th_August_2013_-_The_Last_Word_with_Matt_Cooper_Part_2[/quote]
What does mealy mouthed mean Horsebox? Iā€™ve never really understood the phrase.

[quote=ā€œJulio Geordio, post: 816751, member: 332ā€]Is it much extra?

Can some please outline the benefits for me instead of me finding out for myself.[/quote]
The box is ā‚¬45. The monthly cost seems marginally lower than the existing cost. It does look good value.

My understanding of the phrase is somebody who finds it difficult to properly convey what they are trying to say and instead use long, rambling sentences that are not very coherent to the listener. Insert any posters name here.

Is the Internet Box built into it? Has to be an improvement on the dropping piece of shite I have currently

19 HD channels as standard I see.

I will order this and provide the forum with a full review.

Yes. And I agree completely.

[quote=ā€œbriantinnion, post: 816767, member: 6ā€]19 HD channels as standard I see.

I will order this and provide the forum with a full review.[/quote]
I ordered this morning online. Seamless.

hmmm I will have to check this out and see if it is available in my area. I hear it comes with 100MB broadband as standard as well.

Iā€™m moving house soon and Sky contract coming to an end. The only readon I got sky was because Chorus was not in the area but will be in the new one- Without trawling back over everything, what do people recommend- Have separate internet provider at mo too, Vodafone.

From looking into it itā€™d seem to be a standard complaint Rocko. Fucking thing is a disaster.
Constantly dropping. 50mbs isnā€™t much good when the download/stream is interrupted halfway through

Personally Iā€™d stick with Sky. The internet/tv is a good deal, but if you canā€™t get the internet then Skyā€™s TV package is far superior. More channels and easier to navigate.

Plus the Heineken Cup is on Sky and Choco would go mental if he couldnā€™t watch that.

I donā€™t subscribe to the sports mate, what the fuck do you think the internet is for?