Christy Cooney - Wanker

Fucking scumbags. It’s time for an underground GAA fans organisation to call these cunts up with their lies. I nominate WTB as Oberfuhrer.

It seems he has taken this as his raison d’etre whilst being in office.
Cunt.

McKenna’s views Croke Park completely and utterly as a business. That’s a good thing as long as he remains subordinate to the organisation as a whole. The problem is he seems to be dictating the agenda. It couldn’t be more obvious that the majority of GAA supporters want the tradition to continue, the problem for McKenna then should be defined as making this process safer. That should be it.

Unfortunately, Cooney is a lapdog who wants to collect his quarter of a million with as little fuss as possible. So he pals along with the rest of the powerful people and says fuck the punter. He doesn’t see the opinion of one, or a thousand, or a hundred thousand ordinary supporters as being equal to his own. Contempt is all he has for them. His stuff in the examiner is sickening to read.

I’d disagree with ya kev, I’d say if they really want to they can just put up that plastic mesh and have a full ring of gardai and stewards around the edge of the pitch. One or two lunatics might get through but that would be it. It will work if they’re really determined, there wouldn’t be enough determination in a GAA crowd to break something like that. They’d back down fairly quick for fear of making a show of themselves in front of neighbours etc.

Think you’ll find that the fact it was a soft AI took more gloss off that win…

McKenna is an arch-wanker. He wouldn’t even let Blackrock (the Limerick club, not Frank’s boys) walk on the pitch before their All Ireland Junior Hurling Final, in case they’d break a blade of grass, never mind have a short practice on it. Yet the Australian cricket team can bash solid cricket balls around it for an hour because it ‘raises the profile of the venue’. Fuck you McKenna. Fuck you. WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

Ya, if they went to that extreme obviously your right, but something like that goes against other safety regulations. I have heard from a CB man that they are kinda stuck with regulations, and if fencing was really an option they’d have done it already. I’m have no idea of the truth in that.

I’d say there will be a major PR offensive.

PR organisations = slime.

Christy Cooney is a gent and a credit to the GAA…Typical Irish begrudgery

Thinly veiled ‘Christy Cooney presented me with a South Clare u12 medal back in the day and I was chuffed’ post from Puke here.

They can probably stop it if they want alright. And they’ll have the opinion that if they stop it a couple of times they can kill it completely. They’ve already got almost all of the national media using the phrase ‘pitch invasions’ and all that implies, as if there’s something criminal about fans continuing a century old tradition. What would be great to see is five minutes of solid booing during Cooney’s speech if they do keep fans off the pitch. I imagine it would be a first, and with his pompous ego it’s be a humiliation.

The attitude towards the use of technology is just as baffling. They’ve adopted this bizarre mantra that reducing error is taking away from the spirit of the game, an argument that makes no sense whatsoever. It’s when they refuse to admit there’s a problem that you know something else is up. My guess is that it’s money. It nearly always is.

No problem digging up the pitch either at the very height of the GAA season for a shower of tax avoiders. Sure who cares if the pitch is in rag order for the knockout stages of the All-Ireland Hurling and Football Championships.

:huh:

It would be hard seeing as there is no such competition…

a good hard clatter of a police batton accross the pole would quiten that crowd.
why people see the need to “invade” a pitch is beyond me, what are they trying to achieve? a take over of croke park?.
in any other country a fool who runs accros the field get fucked in a police cell with a black eye, i see no reason why we shoudl be any different here

All about cash

I should have known Clare would be too small for divisions.

+1

They’re trying to get on to celebrate their team winning, either with the players or under the stand as the captain lifts the cup. It’s happened for years and years and is actually one of the things that makes GAA unique. What is actually wrong with that? You might as well say going to the game at alll and shouting and roaring is ridiculous. Or lining the streets of the county as the team come back with the cup is foolish. Of course they serve no purpose in curing cancer or boosting the national economy if you analyse them coldly but that would be a fairly strange way to look at things.

+1

The players , the managers , the officials & the GGA authorities dont want this rabble on the pitch- but the sans culottes here that go to 3 or 4 games a year are up in arms about this- are they that desperate for a cause?

+1
a fine & a busted gut will stop these bastards