Christy Cooney - Wanker

Would you be prepared to punch a steward in the face to get onto the pitch? I believe this is the fate that awaited one steward in 07 when he prevented a Kilkenny fan entering the pitch after they beat Limerick…

i dont see your point Gola at all, sorry
why should it be acceptable for a mass pitch “invasion” to enable them to celebrate?
there should be zero tolerance employed here, its primarily a saftey issue as we saw last week with the Louth game so dont come on here saying to me later that " ah shur its only a GAA crowd".
the pitch is for the players and the officials, fans need to repect that, i personally think its a fucking joke that idiots feel the need to run onto the field, i cannot think of any other major sporting event where it happens.
its unfathomable as to why it is even open for debate.

your last points about lining the street is not relevant im afraid as this is a public thoroughfare, in fact thats a pretty poor retort as you are trying to swerve the real issue.

1. After their county winning a trophy its for fans too. Precedent decrees this.
  2. Your point about no other major sporting event was dealt with already when I said it was one of the things that makes the GAA unique.
  3. A controlled entry to the pitch would pose absolutely no problems.
  4. Stop trying to wind me up, I don’t give enough of a fuck about it and it won’t work

It’s self evident that trying to stop people celebrating on the pitch as they have always done is by far the more dangerous option.

Clearly. I think this has become a case of power asserting itself.

I have been against pitch invasions ever since the time CLD told the story about Richie Power’s mother’s carry on after one of kilkenny’s A/I wins…It was sickening in its twee-ness…

What the fuck is a Christy Coon ey?

+1

I was trembling with anger after reading it- it sickened me so much

:rolleyes:

It is due to her and her ilk that the country is in the state that it is :angry:

Jaysus. Gola is from the 1800’s.

in response to gola’s neanderthal points

1. After their county winning a trophy its for fans too. Precedent decrees this.

true for all sports but this is not relevant to the discussion, we are talking about trying to justify a mass incursion onto a field,
This is a hopeless point gola.

1. Your point about no other major sporting event was dealt with already when I said it was one of the things that makes the GAA unique.

well its a proven failure with the recent assault of an official and is also a major saftey issue, but i suppose assaulting officials and a blatant disregard for the safety of others like the situation that developed under the hogan stand post the 2002 AI football final would certainly be a unique trait in any organisation as it appears to currently be pro rate for the GAA if they allow these mass celebratory “invasions” to continue

1. A controlled entry to the pitch would pose absolutely no problems.

again, why do we need to even entertain the idea of people entering the pitch, ?
how the fuck can it possible be controlled as in their “delight” they all just charge the fence, there is certainly a precedent for this

1. Stop trying to wind me up, I don’t give enough of a fuck about it and it won’t work

typical small minded response, just because someone shows you a different viewpoint you immiediately think you are been wound up as you are so blinkered you cannot see the bigger picture

Puke blaming pitch invasions for the state of the country. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

You might have mild parkinsons as well as the touch of asperger’s. Ever think of getting an SNA to help you out at work?

I know a few boyos that’ll cut this shit out.

http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/images/2006/07/06/black-and-tans.jpg

she started kissing her cousin? fill us in there anyway…

The GAA is supposed to be founded and have it’s basis in the clubs. It’s the most natural thing in the world when your club wins a title at any level that you go onto the pitch to celebrate with your brothers, cousins, friends etc. This happens at all sports in Ireland not just GAA. The difference with the GAA and other sports is that the GAA has up until recently been happy to allow this practice to continue at all levels. Properly managed I see no reason why this shouldn’t be allowed to continue happening. If people like Mickee don’t want to go on the pitch they don’t have to, but those that want to get on and celebrate with the same lads they have celebrated success with all the way up along should be allowed to do so.

The corporate mentality in Croke Park and the community ethos don’t sit too well with each other by the looks of it.

As has been pointed out here, they could manage the entry of fans onto the field if they wanted to. But they don’t want to.

[size=“7”]V[/size]

http://www.cobhgaa.com/fullsizeImages/cobhga_headlines_10_hurley.jpg

:smiley: