City Breaks

Three days is no time in Copenhagen and it’s just a short hop over to Sweden, you could spend a day in Helsingborg and Malmo which are also nice spots, the ferry is very quick.

1 Like

Was there for a stag in February. Fabulous city, nice vibe and loads of good looking people.

We got cans and rented a few solar powered boats that went up and down the river. Good craic and a good way to see the city. We also rented bikes and cycle out to Christiania which is something like Hamsterdam in The Wire. Pretty cool place and the cheapest booze in the city by far.

Overall it’s not as expensive as you might think, flights & hotel were similar to other European cities. Food and booze was slightly more expensive but if you’re only going for two nights you can suck it up. Around DKK75 was the average for a pint which works out at €10 I think.

Sound BT :thumbsup:
Where did you stay? Debating whether to Airbnb or hotel.

Mine was a stag so it was a shit enough place near the railway station. I’ve been looking into going back for a weekend with a few offline pals and Air BnB looks to be the best option.

Also Uber is a superb way to get around there, most rides around the city were €8 or €9. Taxis were hard to come by for some reason.

1 Like

I stayed in the Generator hostel when I was there, kid and it’s a grand spot. Pretty central and a cut above any other hostel I’ve stayed in. Copenhagen is fucking class.

1 Like

Why did you stay in a hostel? Do you not have money?

5 Likes

I would guess he was backpacking across Europe.

Poor Bandage. Hasn’t lived a day in his life. A full bank account but a bankrupt soul.

Poor, poor Bandage.

5 Likes

Going to a city that charges 10 euro for a pint and staying in a hostel. You couldn’t make it up.

2 Likes

Guys. I’m in London for the weekend with my life partner. Can someone recommend something touristy we could tomorrow for a few hours?

Arsenal stadium tour.

Tate Modern, Natural history museum, Thames tour to London eye, stroll around palace area and Hyde Park

Hop on hop off tour is actually decent option in London there is so much to see

Thorpe park

I’m going Sunday but I’m not taking my life partner (up the Arse ha ha ha #ROFL).

I haven’t done the stadium tour before but they don’t do it on match weekends. Then again I’ve played on the Emirates pitch (and rattled the post) before so a tour would probably be a let down.

London Eye could be a runner but suspect queues might be shite.

Tower of London any good?

Go up the top of the Shard and quaff champagne.

1 Like

I’ve done similar at the Gherkin. After the beauty of the Gherkin (the most beautiful building outside the tri-state area in my opinion) The Shard could only be a let down from that.

Top of Walkie Talkie building - Nice little bar at the top too

HMS Belfast at Tower Bridge, its unreal

Horrendous queues at both