City Breaks

We were warned in the hotel to be careful, and we got followed in the afternoon in broad daylight by some dodgy looking yokes, but the nightlife was great.

[quote=“scumpot, post: 891387, member: 182”]that’s a great story … :clap:
al Hambre is hard work as there is so much walking and really is a no go for fair skinned Irish in the summer unless like you said you go early…

Cadiz is meant to be a great spot for going on the beer…massive unemployment alright but relatively safe all the same…[/quote]
The paradore in the Alhambra is touted by many as one of the best hotels in the world. It’s not even that dear. It is within the grounds, so you have access day and night. It is booked up over a year in advance though I think.
We reached the water gardens as it was starting to get hot, and sat there. It was like air con. It is an amazing building with an amazing history. If you get to go in first, most of the rooms are empty as you progress through. We were blessed. I’d love to met your man again and bring him for pints.

[quote=“flattythehurdler, post: 891392, member: 1170”]The paradore in the Alhambra is touted by many as one of the best hotels in the world. It’s not even that dear. It is within the grounds, so you have access day and night. It is booked up over a year in advance though I think.
We reached the water gardens as it was starting to get hot, and sat there. It was like air con. It is an amazing building with an amazing history. If you get to go in first, most of the rooms are empty as you progress through. We were blessed. I’d love to met your man again and bring him for pints.[/quote]

Paradores are basically historical buildings refurbished by the government and used as hotels right?..I was in one in Lorca in south east of spain…it was an old castle on a hill…beautiful spot…fcuk all in lorca itself mind…

Usually they are historic or significant buildings. Afaik, they are indeed owned by the Spanish govt and are, or certainly were really good value. The one in Cadiz wasn’t a nice building in itself, and some are modern, but by and large they seem to be landmark places. On the last night I decided that for once, whatever the cost, I was going to order the most expensive wine on the menu. This was in the one in antequerra. It was a bottle of Rioja from, I think, 1964. It was the princely sum of 90 euro when I looked. It was delicious.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 891341, member: 706”]What a rascal that King must have been. Cool story glas.[/quote]Sound :rolleyes:

you’ll have to be more specific here

60 pound. Are you sure it wasnt a fucking hostel you were in mickee?

Booked a trip today to Barcelona. Take the lads to the Rayo Vallecano game on 15th Feb.

@Bandage, I’m in Killarney for 2 nights, full report when I get back.

Brilliant. I look forward to it.

What hotel are you staying in? The Plaza is my own favourite

I’m in the Brehon, first time here. Spent an hour in the vitality sweet earlier- pool, jacquizi, sauna etc… Feel great now.

I saw the reverse fixture in September bro.

Rayo are a decent side yet they lost 5-0. I think they actually had the most possession in the first half.

Great oul city.

Goin to Rome in two weeks, my favourite city, looking forward to it.

Anybody do the Eurostar London to Paris - worth it as an experience or a waste of time?

Looking for ideas for May or June. Weekend with the missus in Europe - nice hotel, restaurant, warm, few bars

Thinking France so Paris obvious choice and I like Paris.

Any other French cities with direct flights from Dublin recommended

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 893668, member: 24”]I saw the reverse fixture in September bro.

Rayo are a decent side yet they lost 5-0. I think they actually had the most possession in the first half.[/quote]

Vallecano’s ground has no terrace on one end or a block of flats or something?

That is correct.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 893699, member: 2272”]Anybody do the Eurostar London to Paris - worth it as an experience or a waste of time?

Looking for ideas for May or June. Weekend with the missus in Europe - nice hotel, restaurant, warm, few bars

Thinking France so Paris obvious choice and I like Paris.

Any other French cities with direct flights from Dublin recommended[/quote]
Nice is nice

Off to London at the end of February early March time.

Staying around Fulham area.

Tickets to Fulham Chelsea sorted I think.