City Breaks

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 893699, member: 2272”]Anybody do the Eurostar London to Paris - worth it as an experience or a waste of time?

Looking for ideas for May or June. Weekend with the missus in Europe - nice hotel, restaurant, warm, few bars

Thinking France so Paris obvious choice and I like Paris.

Any other French cities with direct flights from Dublin recommended[/quote]

Lyon maybe.
Or as posted here earlier, Madrid would be nice.

Are they recruiting altar boys?

I’ll ask for you when I’m there.

I’ll ask for you when I’m there.

Anyone with any tips for Budapest? It was booked despite none of you cunts replying to the above query and the city break is edging closer.

Didn’t care for it Bandage.

Anything specific not take your fancy or just a general thing?

Grim enough spot. Long time ago though mate.

Not sure I’d call it grim but I couldn’t truly pick out much that stood out about it Bandage. Palace is nice, the stair cars up to it are interesting, the river cruises are enjoyable to partake of with your lady friend, some very nice restaurants and an odd Irish bar with business cards on the walls about 3 foot thick. It will be cold about this time I imagine, it was summer time on my visit so I couldn’t say for sure.

Did you watch many tv series or post on the internet much while you were over there?

I shall reply later today when I am on a conference call.

It will be cold. Buda is nicer than Pest. Though most things to see are in Pest. Stay close to the river and the parliament building and you won’t go wrong. Some lovely spas with natural warm springs used. All are dated but charming. Been a while since I’ve been there but I’d say you’ll enjoy it. Better in the summer; the Hungarian women are savage!

Get that goulash into you, Bando.

@myboyblue[/USER] and @[USER=58]theLockes have summed it up pretty well. It is not a bad city to visit. Will be coldish right now. Around the river, the castle, the chain bridge, the fisherman’s bastion are worth a visit. Would be better around May-time however and preferably with a bird. It is quite a large city so you could end up walking a bit, for example from the river to Heroe’s square. But there is a metro if you prefer. Loads of bars etc and a well developed service industry so if you are looking for your Herbie Hide you should be ok. For the football hipster in you, you could perhaps check out a game at Honved, MTK, Ferencvaros or the legendary Ujpest Dosza.

Bruges or Antwerp this weekend, anyone been? Tips?

Is he bringing a bird? Will he go lash her out of it?

I went to a couple of museums there - one was called The House of Terror or something about the Cold War and WWII. That was good.

I didn’t care for it that much overall. They have Pizza Express/Milano though, which you may recall from our visits to Glasgow. It might be nice to bring your lady friend to one and talk about me.

Try the local beer, it’s nice.

Thanks for advising me to try Belgian beer in Belgium pal.

Thanks chaps. There’s enough tidbits there to keep me going with.