Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Size of Mills win was a shock. 3-17 to 17

Yeah Crusheen are always solid and have some nice youngsters coming through. Whitegate gave Sixmilebridge plenty of it yesterday too, some going considering their pick.

Obviously no Brigdales in the fb line anymore? No way are 3 goals going in without at least 2 hospitalizations I would have thought.

Ballyea 2-28
Clooney-Quin 0-11

The Dillon’s were animals of men too in that backline. They really got a lot out of that team from 2005 to 2015 team on what was a small panel . Won two counties and got to two or three more finals. The brigades, the Cronins, the Meaneys, Gerry O’Grady and Ciaran O’Doherty were all tough honest hurlers while Pat Vaughan was the best club hurler in Clare in my opinion for a number of years in that spell

1 Like

Ballyea will win it now pulling up. No football to distract them.

They will be hard bet as always but this is a championship like no other and wouldn’t be surprised to see a few mild shocks.

Clooney without Duggan are a poor senior side

1 Like

Anything come out of this since?

Nothing concrete. Supposed to be another case in Cratloe, Lissycasey and Clondegad juniors that played against them last week isolating as well. Be surprised if there isn’t a few cases from Kilkee if that’s where the Cratloe lads went after their game. Not to say they didn’t pick it up there either

Is that on the advice of the HSE that the Lissycasey & Clondegad lads are isolating?

Are Inagh still involved in the hurling championship ?

Lissycasey jumped the gun a bit and downed tools at all grades as soon as the news broke, their senior manager is from Cratloe and has a son on the Cratloe panel but I wouldn’t think he had anything other than incidental contact with the larger parish. Clondegad were notified by HSE alright.
Supposed to be (reasonably sure of this) a case now in a Limerick family that summer up here, their kids have been part of the groups of teenagers that are thronging the place, so not great.

Inagh-Kilnamona yeah, beat Newmarket last weekend. Aidan McCarthy with 1-10 for the second consecutive game.

Who do they have next ?

Draws were postponed last night pending Covid results

They will go very close to winning a county championship in the next couple of years. A lot of young talent

Incidentally, it would appear the Cratloe and Claughan positives are linked to the same house party in Castletroy

Really?
I was told the Claughan case was linked to the lads who live beside the shopping centre on Childers road.

Sorry, a house party in Clonlara links those cases. The Cratloe lad apparently sharing a house in Castetroy and four others in that gaff have tested positive.
Didn’t hear any connection to the Childers Rd site

yes heard same relations of ennis crowd
who like to travel who wont self isolate - a number of them playing underage with claughaun-