Scariff v Tulla (the sequel)
Sixmilebridge v Tubber
Smith O’Brien’s v Winners Corofin/Cratloe

1 Like

I’d say the eight teams in the senior b will all put in a serious effort for it

1 Like

I’ve a mate from inagh. Stone mad about the Banner so he is

2 Likes

Might be worth the effort to Clarecastle, but can’t see anyone else being much bothered

1 Like

You would have two excellent championships if you took half the teams in senior b and added them to the inter Championship and took the other four and left them senior with the 8 quarter finalists.

1 Like

How does senior b work normally? Is it always the losers that end up in it? As in would it ever have any prestige?

Previously from around 2000 to 2007 it was a 20 team championship. 12 senior A and 8 senior B. 3 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 4. Top two in senior and top team from each group in senior B made quarter finals.

Top 2 in each of the senior B groups played off for B championship too and winner went A the following year. Ballyea made a senior final around 2003 from the senior B group yet failed to win the senior B title.

It has little prestige these days

1 Like

I think they’ve made a rod for their own backs there, however well-intentioned it was

Not forgetting David Forde up front like

Clare SFC

Lissycasey 1-14
Kilmihil 2-7

St Joseph’s Miltown Malbay 2-11
Doonbeg 0-11

St Breckans 0-11
Ennistymon 0-8

1 Like

Impressive there from breckans. Is there a few of them in the Clare setup.

Alan Sweeney, Dale Masterson and Joe McGann (who destroyed us today) have been in the last year. Aiden Davidson would be worth a crack too although he was quietish today. Donie Garrihy is some man to get a team to perform.

2 Likes

Is mcgann under 21?

Gone 21 a couple of years I think

1 Like

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1295414335196585984?s=19

Some win for the townies over Cratloe, ditto the Mills over IK.

1 Like

Éire Óg opened 3/1, backed into 2s. I’d have been all over that if I’d seen. No Connors and Cathal Mc hobbled.

1 Like

I give Feakle every chance of beating them next up, reckon they’ll be good price.