Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Didn’t have sound on, Irish isnt the best. Was it Rodgers who gave the ball in first half for goal chance?
I had no idea Meehan wasn’t playing

Meehan had to isolate apparently. Rodgers was full-forward with the yella helmet, on his own effectively with two minors beside him

1 Like

1.​ Eibhear Quilligan​ E. O Cuileagain,​ Feakle

1. Jack Browne​ ​ ​ S. DeBrun,​ Ballyea

2. Conor Cleary​ ​ ​ C. O Cleirigh, St Josephs Miltown Malbay

3. Stephen O Halloran​ S. O hAllurain,​ Clarecastle

4. Seadna Morey S. O Mora, Sixmilebridge

5. Pat O Connor​ P O Conchuir Tubber

7.​ Aidan McCarthy​ A MacCarthaigh, Inagh/Kilnamona

8.​ David McInerney D MacAirchinnigh,​ Tulla (Capt)

1. Tony Kelly A O Ceallaigh, Ballyea

2. Diarmuid Ryan D. O Riain, Cratloe

3. David Reidy D. O Riada, Eire-Og, Inis

4. David Fitzgerald D. MacGearailt, Inagh/Kilnamona

5. Ryan Taylor​ R. O Tailluir, Clooney/Quin

14.​ Cathal Malone C. O Maoileoin, Sixmilebridge

1. Shane O Donnell S. O Donaill, Eire-Og, Inis

2. Donal Tuohy D. O Tuataigh, Crusheen

3. Paidi Fitzpatrick P , MacGiollapadraig, Sixmilebridge

4. Rory Hayes R. O hAodha, Wolfe Tones na Sionna

5. Domhnall McMahon. D. MacMathuna, Michael Cusacks

6. Aron Shanagher. A O Seanachair, Wolfe Tone Na Sionna​

7. Aaron Cunningham A. Mac Cuinneagain,​ Wolfe Tone Na Sionna

8. Jason McCarthy S. MacCarthaigh, Inagh/Kilnamona

9. Gary Cooney G. O Cuana, O Callaghans Mills

10. Colin Guilfoyle C. MacGiollaphoil, Newmarket On Fergus

25.​

1. Paul Flanagan P O Flannagain, Ballyea

Management: (Manager) Brian Lohan

Sean Treacy (Coach)

Here lads what’s the story with the two Arrons/Arons would have thought them starters?

Happy to see Seadna Morey start as I love the flourish with which Ger Canning pronounces his name

Lohan sees this for what it is and is using it as an opportunity to establish his culture and pick the 15 lads he feels are in form and honest in their effort in training from what I can gather. The likes of Corry, Mcmahon, Cunningham and Shanagher were all in poll position for starting spots when the panel regrouped all struggled in recent challenges and have lost their places.

The forwards will be athletic but will put in tackles but lack real fire power but I think lohan would prefer a lad like Taylor who will take on his man with the ball and commit to the tackle when he doesn’t rather than Cunningham who has more scoring threat but has no interest aside from putting in the odd token half hearted tackle.

2 Likes

I pity whoever has to mark Morrissey, Flanagan & Nash this weekend.

Running into All Stars first week out in current climate is rough.

1 Like

Who are michael cusacks?

A gaa club in Clare

2 Likes

Would they have had may IC players over the years?

They are a football club based in Carron in the Burren. The home place of Michael Cusack
@Thomas_Brady is a big fan of the area.

He hurls for Tubber. He is a big awkward physical unit

2 Likes

Surely Malone isn’t going to start inside? Is Taylor a natural inside forward?

Taylor more a wing forward or midfielder underage. Not the biggest but a hard worker

That’s what I thought. I’m all for hard-working forwards but doesn’t seem to be many natural inside men there. Unless Reidy was to?

Rightly or wrongly it is obvious from the side picked that he feels the way to beat Limerick is to go to stop/disrupt limerick’s half backs rather than their half forwards and don’t let them work the ball out of defence. All six of the forwards picked have good engines and can carry the ball but none of them would be hectic trying to take scores in tight spaces or just getting out in front and firing it straight over the bar.

He could easily have played Malone and or Ryan in the half backline if he felt that it was worth going toe to toe with Limericks half forwards but I’d expect our half forwards to operate similarly to how limericks do and will flood any space in the middle and look to hit hard and carry the ball if they turn it over.

He had picked six fairly composed hurlers on the ball in the backs. And if the half forwards can spoil and give our backs a chance I think he is relying on the likes of O’Halloran, the half backs and midfield being good enough to feed the inside line with quality early ball. There are three or four lads who can provide a spark off the bench but it is a tough enough ask to be in touching distance come the second water break to give them a chance to win it for us.

1 Like

A good look to that side, I think we’ll do it on Sunday lads

Do you like daags?

I’ve a few hunting hounds and a collie working the farm

He was playing for Clare a good while before I figured out his name wasn’t Shane Amorey.

2 Likes

Didn’t think Lohan was so desperate as to go naming a dummy team.

I hear he’s starting himself