Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Very gracious from Davy

What’s the connection there with the parish ? He was a mascot for the aif

He was Ger Hoey’s neighbour growing up and I believe he used to bring him with him to Barefield training sessions.

1 Like

Ger Hoey was a near neighbour back in Limerick back that time

Great to see a man go back to his roots. A lovely young man.

Bullet points, ffs

1 Like
  • Some class of a savage screeching on Facebook
  • The end

Clare expects every man to do his duty, even if it involves robbing an opponents bag of sliothars.

1 Like

It’s rather long winded and well intentioned but the only real solutions offered are to put the resources and hire more GPAs, GDAs, S&C people and get a commercial manager and a full time manager for Caherlohan.

I wouldn’t argue with the points but they are a bit reductive as none of this will come to pass with the executive we currently have and while the worm does seem to be turning I think it will take a few years for it to be broken up if there is appetite to do so.

Love the way he says Pat can’t do it alone and needs help after giving his life to Clare CLG. They don’t want help is the point he should be making

Of course not and there in lies the problem, it isn’t an issue of resources or money it is an issue of devotion and power.

If you were a man in your 40s or 50s with a mortgage and young family why would you give up your free time to get involved with the development squads to have one arm tied behind your back or get involved at board level to bang your head off a brick wall. I spoke with a fella from a neighbouring clubs who has been involved with both development squads and the senior set up and often reckons he would have more resources available to him if he was training an underage side in his relatively small rural club

There is a sizeable block of men there who have grown old together, having overseen what was as an era of unprecedented success by any relative standard. Putting aside the various factions that are there, whether they trust each other, they still know each other; and they know where to go to get the votes. There will be no overnight revolution.

1 Like

Didn’t ever leave much out there

4 Likes

A fine servant for ye

1 Like

Along with Tubs and Gary he’s a Clare footballing legend, gave some service. Probably played his best football in the last few years. Some man

Not much glory to be got in a lot of his years there, fair fucks to him, glad he saw some sunshine towards the end.

Grand bit of clickbait there

2 Likes

Unreal servant, gave his all from start to finish.