Clare Gaa šŸ Thread mark II

Won by 20 points . 1-24 to 1-4.
Some going

Tipp were poor but thatā€™s fair scoring

Pretty decent team, home semi against limerick now

It must be particularly tough viewing for Clare fans today watching Paul kinnerk train limerick to 2 all Irelandā€™s in 3 years. Davy must feel incredibly stupid for falling out him not once but twice. Who knows how it would have played out if Davy didnā€™t go on a power trip.

1 Like

Let it go

It is what it is.

There is a sliding doors moment in that if Davy had done the right thing and stood down after the Galway defeat in 2016 the likelihood is that Kinnerk would have been involved with Moloney and Oā€™Connor with the seniors in 2017. Instead he brazened it out until September and the players had to push him out and by that time Kiely was appointed in Limerick with Kinnerk in toe.

As i have said many time, Davy deserved enormous credit for the 2013 win but he also deserved the majority of the blame of what transpired in the three years after as well.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t the goalie coach from Clare too? Shannon?

Timmy Holohan?

Timmy Houlihan is the keeper coach.

Aenghus Oā€™Brien from Broadford and Alan Cunningham from Shannon are in the back room. The S&C fella was involved with Clare at one point too I believe.

Oā€™Brien trained the limerick minors in 2013 and 2014 iirc

Cunningham was the guy I meant. Why canā€™t Clare keep these lads? ā‚¬ā‚¬ā‚¬?

I doubt it has anything to do with money, Cunningham was involved with the seniors under Daly and has been involved in numerous underage teams. Oā€™Brien was involved with the seniors in 2016, but has an obvious connection with this Limerick group having trained them at underage level.

Sums it up

Is Joe Oā€™Connor of Irelandā€™s Fittest Family Fame involved with Limerick or Clare these days?

Thereā€™s great fluidity between Clare and Limerick these days it seems.

Neither as far as I know. Stepped away from the Limerick set up last winter

1 Like

We use it in job interviews now.
ā€œLook go away and get a few years experience in Clare and if youā€™re good enough after that weā€™ll take you onā€

3 Likes

@Big_Dan_Campbell thereā€™s an allegation there in that Twitter thread , have you heard anything about it.

RƔimƩis

1 Like

I thought Hayley Cropper would be well up on the workings of Clare GAA.

Sheā€™s bitter since she lost the Tubber delegate vote

1 Like