Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Minors well on top into the second half vs Limerick. Cillian McGroary after getting his second goal
Clare 4-11
Limerick 0-6

1 Like

Fulltime
Clare 4-20
Limerick 1-10

Big tally from play again, think there was only two of three frees in that. The acid test vs Kerry next Tuesday night. Limerick got their goal with a late pelanty, Shaughnessy from Ballysteen got all bar two of their scores I think @TreatyStones

1 Like

Did you watch it?
By the time I had the dinner ate they were already getting stuffed. Clare had a goal after 2 mins.

Thats two big wins this Clare side have put up, would they have been highly regarded in the county?

David O’Shaughnessy is a class act.

1 Like

Paid for the stream but it was shite, listened on the radio.
Dunno how highly-rated they are, but they have the best bunch of forwards we’ve had in a good while. Very good pairing in midfield. Both able to play as well as work. Coughlan is a good manager too (apart from organising transport in pandemics). We have four lads starting on it so fingers crossed they keep coming like this.

O’Shaughnessy sounded tasty, well able to kick off both feet was the impression, was carrying the fight on his own though

2 Likes

I think there are a number of duel players involved. Assume the footballers getting a clear run with them has helped in terms of continuity

There’s only the two Corofin lads and Guyler this year I think, but it doesn’t hurt to have them apart for sure

Did not see it but was told before the game that you should be beating Cork, that would be a fine achievement. Good luck for the final

1 Like

Great to see Pat and Davy are spending all their time and energies on trying to return Clare to the top rather than getting bogged down in trivial little spats.

1 Like

Whatever hope Clare have of winning something with the Fitzgerald’s involved, they have simply no chance without them

Derrick is rattled.

I’d respectfully disagree. We were churning out high quality underage teams for around 5 years from 2008 onwards with no input or interaction from the Fitzgeralds and driven by solid men with only the interest of the betterment of Clare hurling. Once Pat and Davy took an interest and started appointing they acolytes into management positions the minors and under 20/21s rather than the best men for the job we have fallen off a cliff. This is now being reaped at senior level.

Time moves on and while Pat should be commended for his devotion and time served, but the days of stroke politics and a county secretary who doesn’t delegate or use email is long passed. Without unity there is no purpose.

1 Like

Kerry 1-1 up after five minutes

Terrible start. A lot of nervous dropped passes coming out of defense. The Kerry jersey can do funny things to an opponent

They’ve settled a good bit. Kerry a much bigger team, can’t be trying to run it down the middle against them

Hon Brendie, sĂĄr cĂșilin

Is rouine one if yours, he’s a fine player

Brendie is Beano’s son, Dara no 4 is another cousin. Josh Guyler the 7 and Diarmuid Fahy 15, Burdo’s young lad

1 Like

That Evans for Kerry has a wand of a left foot.

Disappointing after a good first half. Physically steamrolled for a finish

Looked completely out of puff from the 40th minute. Hope it doesn’t damage them as there are a few good prospects there.